[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Ruisuki

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 17, 2017, 12:26:32 AM
I've seen Short bow, Long bow and Compound bow in the game, and can still construct short bows from wood at the Crafting spot.
I wasnt aware compound bow was available in vanilla. How about weapons like Assault rifle? They are replaced by something else and renamed? Im hoping so, rimfire already adds so many weapons

Tanelorn

I installed the federation and the feral. I am 1 year in and have an auxillary pistol. It doesn't fire. I have combat realism and high caliber mods if that helps. Is this compatible? Do I need the rimsenal core before the factions will work?

Trigon

mazacik

Raiders never appear with any of the armor/weapons from this mod, is that intentional? I'm not using feral or federation, or any other mods except very basic ones.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Trigon on March 17, 2017, 06:42:41 PM
Rimsenal is incompatible with combat realism.
You dont need rimsenal core to run factions tho right?

daman2501

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 19, 2017, 06:05:34 AM
as far as i know, they have never done (been using this mod since A12) only the MOD factions use them
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Tgr

I am continually getting this bug on Federation spawns even when I have deactivated all mods that add equipment.

Somehow, this bug is also screwing other random pawn generation... Looks like you screwed something up.

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.ApparelUtility.CanWearTogether (Verse.ThingDef A, Verse.ThingDef B) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator+PossibleApparelSet.PairOverlapsAnything (ThingStuffPair pair) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator+<GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor>c__AnonStorey2CF.<>m__251 (ThingStuffPair pa) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator+<GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor>c__AnonStorey2CF.<>m__252 (ThingStuffPair pa) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[RimWorld.ThingStuffPair].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[ThingStuffPair] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, Single money, Boolean headwearAllowed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateStartingApparelFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateGearFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Normal+<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorBF.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility+<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveBiome.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemyCave.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoRaid (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey4EA+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey4E6+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey4E8+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey4E9.<>m__97D () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (System.String label, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister.DoListingItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Tanelorn on March 17, 2017, 05:02:54 PM
I installed the federation and the feral. I am 1 year in and have an auxillary pistol. It doesn't fire. I have combat realism and high caliber mods if that helps. Is this compatible? Do I need the rimsenal core before the factions will work?

Put Rimsenal and the Rimsenal Factions ABOVE Combat Realism. They will fire but no bullets/ammo tho because there's no Rimfire CR Patch.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Mufflamingo

I meant Rimsenal CR patch not Rimfire CR patch. My bad.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Ruisuki

are all the hairs included in the hairpack blonde or can they be of any color? not integrated into killface's facial stuff is it?

Quote from: daman2590 on March 19, 2017, 10:59:50 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 19, 2017, 06:05:34 AM
as far as i know, they have never done (been using this mod since A12) only the MOD factions use them
theyll still use them if i dont have the core installed then

Foreck

Say I only want the hairs and new enemies, how should I proceed?

Tgr

Quote from: Foreck on March 28, 2017, 06:44:47 PM

Don't install the security pack or storytellers. The remaining content is core, which other users report is a dependency for the other part of the remaining content, the factions (new enemies). You can't "just" get the enemies, since they've been designed and implemented in concert with the other content added by this mod.

If you mean you just want the new enemies like the ogres or Federation mechs added to random raids that would presumably require the author to make a completely different version which doesn't make much sense IMO. It would also dilute the point of the mod, which is that each of these factions presumably brings a unique challenge to the table when you get a raid.

Ruisuki

Quote from: TREH on March 29, 2017, 02:38:16 AM
Quote from: Foreck on March 28, 2017, 06:44:47 PM

Don't install the security pack or storytellers. The remaining content is core, which other users report is a dependency for the other part of the remaining content, the factions (new enemies). You can't "just" get the enemies, since they've been designed and implemented in concert with the other content added by this mod.

If you mean you just want the new enemies like the ogres or Federation mechs added to random raids that would presumably require the author to make a completely different version which doesn't make much sense IMO. It would also dilute the point of the mod, which is that each of these factions presumably brings a unique challenge to the table when you get a raid.
So I cant just add the vanilla weapon replacements, ferals and the hairpack? Even the hair is dependent on the core file? 

I assumed the actual core file is the 'rimsenal.zip' that adds the futuristic weapons, is this right? Do I need to install that in order to get the hair,feral faction and replaced vanilla weapons? Not sure I want high tech additions other than the rimsenal vanilla.

Dragoon

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 29, 2017, 04:04:09 AM
So I cant just add the vanilla weapon replacements, ferals and the hairpack? Even the hair is dependent on the core file? 

They aren't replacements.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Dragoon on March 29, 2017, 05:52:30 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 29, 2017, 04:04:09 AM

They aren't replacements.
Ah darn. Ill be looking to skip that download then, already overflowing with weapons.