[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Cibrel

I can't get enough of your mod and how well it feels like an intimate part of the game.
In particular, I love how your mod blends in with the vanilla game to reinforce the feeling that you have crash-landed on a planet where everyone is desperate to survive and are at the mercy of twisted factions hell bent on making your life as miserable as humanly possible.

The speed at which you keep adding new updates for this mode since A17 is pretty freaking impressive too.

While playing, I recently came across a weapon called the 'Automatic grenade launcher' stored in the building of an item stash event. It has no selling price, a long 60s Warm-up and a 144 rpm fire rate.
Is this weapon supposed to be acquirable in game?

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rooki1

v1.06: Finishing Touch Edition

Core
- Weapon stats adjusted.

Vanilla:
- Weapon stats adjusted.
- Throwing axe, throwing club, blowgun, smart rifle, the rifle added.

Federation:
- Weapon stats adjusted.
- Pawn art update.
- Building art update
- Seeker attack speed corrected.

Feral:
- Weapon stats adjusted.
- Scav bench (re)added.
- Now feral items need scav bench to produce (again).

Security:
- Surveillance turret added.

Throwing axes: Metal forged throwing axes. In the trained hands, these can be a devastating tool both in melee and ranged combat.

Blowgun: A simple weapon consisting of a narrow, long tube for firing light projectiles or darts. While dart itself is not so lethal, it has poison on the tip.

Throwing clubs: The one of the first ranged weapons used by early humans, throwing club can be used in both melee and ranged attack.

Rifle: This, has spilled someone's blood over 3000 years, is a real weapon of mass destruction. Rugged, easy to use and cheap, it is an every militia's favorite weapon. It has a slightly better firepower than the assault rifle, while inferior everything else.

Smart rifle: The development of firearms is not made solely by firepower. Developments have been made in other areas, such as improved aiming optics, ergonomic and convenient design, and integrated fire control system. And this rifle performs exceptionally well in these "other areas".

Surveillance turret: Long range sniper turret.

rooki1

Major A17 updates finished here. Thank you everyone.

kaptain_kavern

Khargoth

The entries for Gun_NestAGS and Bullet_NestAGS are missing in Weapons_Security.xml from Rimsenal Security in the newest update, which breaks savegame compatibility.

Still have to say, awesome mod rooki1! The only mod I'm always using.

edit:
I attached a fixed Weapons_Security.xml, copy it to \Mods\Rimsenal_Security\Defs\ThingDefs if one of you has the same issue. I copied the missing entries out of a quite old version of the file so the values in the entries are most likely outdated, but at least it fixes savegame compatibility this way.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

SURU

CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Joedox

Hello Rokki1,

Good work for this update A17!

Would it be possible to modify the "x" and "y" for the "DefenceLocationTech" search in the Rimsenal_Security \ Defs \ ResearchProjectDefs \ folder to align it with the other searches.

<ResearchViewX>2.5</researchViewX>
<ResearchViewY>4.5</researchViewY>

This will give as the image below:

Edited:

Is it possible to remove the 2 armor and 2 helmet Feral from Machining Table.

And I just saw a small bug, remove the Feral weapons in the stockpile "Ranged weapons" at the root to display them only in "Feral weapons" (I have not yet figured out how the group works).

Bye

rooki1

v1.061: Finishing Touch Edition

Vanilla
- Smart weapons added.

Feral:
- No more feral hoods spawning madness, at last.

Smart weapons

Firearms with a highly sophisticated fire control system. Despite the firepower it is not much different from other conventional firearms, the shooting interface is excellent enough to make the first gunner to great marksman.

Smart pistol: A smart system integrated pistol. The performance of the pistol itself is not much different from a conventional pistol, but the improved target acquisition system makes aiming much faster.

Smart rifle: The development of firearms is not made solely by firepower. Developments have been made in other areas, such as improved aiming optics, ergonomic and convenient design, and integrated fire control system. And this rifle performs exceptionally well in these "other areas".

Smart SMG: A rapid firing anti personnel firearm with an integrated smart system. It excels in close quarter combat due to its compact size and high fire rate.

Smart machine gun: A man portable machine gun with automatic targeting system. This is a best tool when you need to sweep away acidic blooded creatures.

Smart sniper rifle: An advanced precision rifle. Integrated ballistic computer guarantees high accuracy at long-range.

daman2501

I would like to say thank you for giving us such a GREAT, COMPLEX and CONTENT RICH MOD to play with, Keep up the TREMENDOUS work and those updates coming :3
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Dropskiler

Great work as always rooki1. Ehhh waiting time before next alpha and next rimsenal update will be painfull.

idiot101300

Rimsenal federation A17 appears to be broken. When i loaded a new game and got raided by a lone peacekeeper, their armour and pistol showed as the pink texture missing symbol. If i can replicate the issue, I'll take screenshots.

Fregrant

Delete the mod, redownload and reinstall it. Maybe files got corrupted as many have no issues.

idiot101300

Quote from: Fregrant on June 14, 2017, 04:11:51 AM
Delete the mod, redownload and reinstall it. Maybe files got corrupted as many have no issues.

ahh right thanks