[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on June 20, 2017, 10:13:30 AM
QuoteFeral:
- Weapon stats adjusted.
- Scav bench (re)added.
Could you set a requirement for the scav bench to research electricty ? You can't use it anyway until you got power.
Hmm maybe a trader sells a full charged battery or capsule reactor ! :-)

I would prefer it the other way around.
Lets have a fueled Scav Bench that requires Smithing, because the Ferals are somewhere between Industrial and Tribal.
And their description sounds more like a post-apocalyptic collapse while still having access to barely working tech than a rising technological culture.

In Fallout Terms ( history repeating itself ) Vaults and Brotherhood would be Industrial, Ferals would be Raiders and other Badlanders with some leftover access to tech and Tribals are the Rural Folk who never had much Tech around to begin with and lost this pretty quickly .. falling back on older methods.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Do you know the Posleen from John Ringo novells ? Thats my opinion of the ferals ! :-)

I don't care about a fueled/unpowered scav bench, but when it is powered it should have be the requirement.

hoaxdream

i got error when clicking or when i got raided in plasma bombard

Not enough squares to get to radius 504. Max is 56.40036
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GenRadial:NumCellsInRadius(Single)
Verse.AI.AvoidGridMaker:PrintAvoidGridAroundTurret(Building_TurretGun, ByteGrid)
Verse.AI.AvoidGridMaker:GenerateAvoidGridInternal(ByteGrid, Faction, Map, AvoidGridMode)
Verse.AI.AvoidGridMaker:RegenerateAvoidGridsFor(Faction, Map)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596:<>m__A9B(Int32)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596:<>m__A9C()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems_MapActions()
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

MightyGooga

Ok, new to this thread.

So where are we standing on a compatibility with Combat Extended mod? I know currently it isnt compatible. So it didnt make the SK HARCORE mod. This mod is so awsome that I think it should be in there dont you all?

Devon_v

Quote from: gustavoghe on June 20, 2017, 05:30:10 PM
Ok, new to this thread.

So where are we standing on a compatibility with Combat Extended mod? I know currently it isnt compatible. So it didnt make the SK HARCORE mod. This mod is so awsome that I think it should be in there dont you all?
Someone would have to sit down and tweak gun stats for every last weapon along with defining the varied ammunition they use. If the guns all have good balance with vanilla it might be as simple as switching them over to CE's shoot verbs and accounting for any special cases like shotgun-style weapons, but there'd still potentially be a ton of ammo to add. (Which would also need art)

NoImageAvailable has been working on some stuff. There's a formula which will convert a gun's real world stats to CE-Rimworld stats, and he just added some sort of feature that seems related to compatibility patches, but I'm not sure how that works yet.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Devon_v on June 20, 2017, 05:53:58 PM
Quote from: gustavoghe on June 20, 2017, 05:30:10 PM
Ok, new to this thread.

Someone would have to sit down and tweak gun stats for every last weapon along with defining the varied ammunition they use. If the guns all have good balance with vanilla it might be as simple as switching them over to CE's shoot verbs and accounting for any special cases like shotgun-style weapons, but there'd still potentially be a ton of ammo to add. (Which would also need art)

NoImageAvailable has been working on some stuff. There's a formula which will convert a gun's real world stats to CE-Rimworld stats, and he just added some sort of feature that seems related to compatibility patches, but I'm not sure how that works yet.

Nah, making a patch is actually kinda easy albeit time consuming to do, especially if a mod adds factions. Armors don't need converting and damage is calculated by ammo type so the only thing you'd need to do is modify the bulk/mass of weapons, assign them an ammo type and also specify how accurate these weapons are. Stuff like the vanilla pack is very easy to do, but new factions require you to patch the loadout of the different types of pawns a faction uses.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on June 20, 2017, 11:33:57 AM
Do you know the Posleen from John Ringo novells ? Thats my opinion of the ferals ! :-)

I don't care about a fueled/unpowered scav bench, but when it is powered it should have be the requirement.

I do, that is a fitting interpretation as well ..
And your logic is flawless :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

weewee

Wow! this looks freaking great  8)
Thank you for making this mod

doctercorgi

Having a problem with the moltan cannon. a pawn fires it but can't reload. It tells me that there are no unreserved shells but there are shells laying in pile behind them.

Canute

doctercorgi

ajaviide

I really like your vanilla pack and ferals , also the haircuts are awesome!
Just wanted to say thank you!

Warforyou

Has the problem with Security pack been fixed? I saw some turrets and weapons (IE medium machine gun) have warmup times of 20 seconds or more.

ovan23

hi, i really love the game, and im starting get into the mods, i have an error message when i try to run the mods, i think that i have the wrong version o rimworld, i have rimworld v:0.17.1526 rev838, What version i need to have to play with this mode? can someone give me a link o a version or something. i will really appreciated.

by the way, wonderful job isnt just a great graphical job, its also a wonderful job in mechanics and lore, beautifull

Canute

Quote from: ovan23 on June 25, 2017, 07:11:44 PM
i have rimworld v:0.17.1526 rev838, What version i need to have to play with this mode? can someone give me a link o a version or something.
Yep, you have indeed the old A17 version, A17b should have a rev over 1000 at last.
Just use the link from the last email from sendowl, the link never change for you.