[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

ChJees

For the Scavenger Bench let us be able to make steel slag on it. (Eventually you will run out of slag :P )

LiteEmUp

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 28, 2017, 06:49:08 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on July 28, 2017, 02:25:01 AM
what are the population size for the storytellers??

18, same as cassandra and phoebe.

is there a double population patch for the rimsenal storytellers?? or which part of the mod i can just manually edit to double size

SpaceDorf

There are some patches, but it is easier to just modify it yourself with an text editor.

The file you are looking for is :
..\RimWorld_Alpha17b\Mods\Rimsenal_Storyteller\Defs\StorytellerDefs\StorytellersRimsenal.xml

and the xml-tag is :    <populationIntentFromPopCurve>

This is what phoebe and rimsenal looks like :

<populationIntentFromPopCurve>
<points>
<li>0, 8</li>
<li>1, 4</li>
<li>5, 1</li>
<li>9, 0.5</li>
<li>13, 0</li>
<li>18, -1</li>
</points>
</populationIntentFromPopCurve>

This is Randy for comparison

<points>
<li>0, 8</li>
<li>1, 4</li>
<li>5, 1</li>
<li>9, 0.5</li>
<li>13, 0</li>
<li>50, -1</li>
</points>
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: LiteEmUp on July 28, 2017, 02:25:01 AM
what are the population size for the storytellers??

It's the same for all storytellers, except for Randy who has a modification to the last point on his list. He's got a -1 influence to population 50 instead of like everyone else who has their -1 influence at population 18.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

LiteEmUp

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 28, 2017, 02:32:02 PM
There are some patches, but it is easier to just modify it yourself with an text editor.

The file you are looking for is :
..\RimWorld_Alpha17b\Mods\Rimsenal_Storyteller\Defs\StorytellerDefs\StorytellersRimsenal.xml

and the xml-tag is :    <populationIntentFromPopCurve>

This is what phoebe and rimsenal looks like :

<points>
<li>0, 8</li>
<li>1, 4</li>
<li>5, 1</li>
<li>9, 0.5</li>
<li>13, 0</li>
<li>18, -1</li>
</points>

This is Randy for comparison

<points>
<li>0, 8</li>
<li>1, 4</li>
<li>5, 1</li>
<li>9, 0.5</li>
<li>13, 0</li>
<li>50, -1</li>
</points>

thnx for the reply...

so i was looking at the comments section of the workshop page and what is concerning me though is that some are saying that the new storytellers(and other storyteller or double pop mods too) are glitching your current campaign with no raids/traders/or events..
is this likely a big concern or just small isolated incident from some people???

SpaceDorf

I can't really tell,
I always play randy extreme. He does not care ..

But for others It sounds sensible in some way, that most storytellers decide on events based on the welfare and power of your colony. And a colony with 20+ well fed, equipped and healthy pawns doesn't need traders or other positive events ..

But no events at all sound more like the game is stuck on an event that can't finish for some reasons and prevents other events from happening. If this is the case you should be able to end the incident by using dev mode ..

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

moonra

Does anyone knows if someone is working on a Combat Extended patch? I MIGHT look into doing it or helping whoever is doing it, although I'd have to learn how to do it from scratch.

Kyogon

I'm not sure if this has already been offered, because I mentioned it on steam quite a while ago. If you need help with editing the english text in the mod, I'd be glad to help. I'm a huge fan of the mod and use it in every playthrough, but I'm also a bit critical about how things read, and I'd be glad to help if you would like me to.

Heni

Can you please do a patch to the CE (Combat extended mod)? This mod will be epic!

rooki1

Quote from: Kyogon on August 05, 2017, 10:01:22 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been offered, because I mentioned it on steam quite a while ago. If you need help with editing the english text in the mod, I'd be glad to help. I'm a huge fan of the mod and use it in every playthrough, but I'm also a bit critical about how things read, and I'd be glad to help if you would like me to.

Help is always welcome, thank you!

Luckspeare

Looks fantastic.  I play with CE too, so would love to see a CE patch.  Wish I could patch it myself, but I was trying and it looks very daunting (I have no programming or Rimworld modding knowledge).

ChJees

Some vanity decoration like posters or billboards for each arms manufacturer could be nice to unlock :P. Have Hildegard motivate your pawns as you blast the raiders into tiny little bits with the missile barrage mortars.

Nameless

sirgzu

CE patch? nah just kidding..  ;D

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 28, 2017, 05:32:22 PM
I can't really tell,
I always play randy extreme. He does not care ..

But for others It sounds sensible in some way, that most storytellers decide on events based on the welfare and power of your colony. And a colony with 20+ well fed, equipped and healthy pawns doesn't need traders or other positive events ..

But no events at all sound more like the game is stuck on an event that can't finish for some reasons and prevents other events from happening. If this is the case you should be able to end the incident by using dev mode ..

I kind of have the same problem. After nearly a year I still haven't got a wanderer, escape pod, runaway or surviving raider so my lone starter is feeling forever alone.. I still have the odd raid or friendlies showing up but no trader and events seem very spaced out (using sadistic storyteller, forgot her name). Not sure that's working as intended.

I'm not a devmode ninja.. where do you see active events? I'm thinking it could be something to do with Tiberium or Zombie mod

themaster6869

Is it possible for me to adapt some of your textures with major adjustments for use in a mod i am making.

edit: found that permission was given earlier in thread