[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Flimflamshabam

Is there a reason we cant craft the patched shirt & feral headgear or is it hidden in a workbench im not using? Also could it be possible to disable the feral factions added by the feral pack, I like the guns and such but the faction can be somewhat annoying, I'm also thinking of doing a trial planet run soon and the patched shirt would be a nice alternative to just tribal wear.

SpaceDorf

When you research smithing you gain the scav-bench where you can built the feral stuff.

The patched shirt can be made either on the crafting spot, or the tailoring benches,
at least as far as I remember.
And If I remember truly correct the patched leather stuff also belongs to the Tribal Essentials Mod not the Ferals.

Deactivating the Faction is also quite easy.
You just open the file for the faction defs
..\Rimsenal_Feral\Defs\FactionDefs\Factions_Feral.xml

and set this line to zero
<requiredCountAtGameStart>1</requiredCountAtGameStart>

no more ferals on your planet :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Flimflamshabam

The patched shirt, not patchwork leather, is added by rimsenal feral, I checked. And neither it nor the feral hoods/helmet show up on either the smithys or the tailoring benches, or scav bench. Not in my game anyway, mods are always iffy in rimworld. I sometimes have vanilla things have their recipes oddly swapped out for no clear reason, like the multianalyzer sometimes says it costs 3 jade as opposed to the usual resources.

SpaceDorf

Yeah, the multi analyzer is a known issue of vanilla rimworld :)   

Strange .. though

TheAvatar3055

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 28, 2017, 05:32:22 PM
I can't really tell,
I always play randy extreme. He does not care ..

But for others It sounds sensible in some way, that most storytellers decide on events based on the welfare and power of your colony. And a colony with 20+ well fed, equipped and healthy pawns doesn't need traders or other positive events ..

But no events at all sound more like the game is stuck on an event that can't finish for some reasons and prevents other events from happening. If this is the case you should be able to end the incident by using dev mode ..

I had a similar problem. I opened up an ancient danger and had to fight off 5 mechanoids with a bow and arrow... But afterwards it seemed to work like normal... A flood of new people fell almost instantly from the sky once they were dead.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: TheAvatar3055 on September 09, 2017, 10:01:37 PM

I had a similar problem. I opened up an ancient danger and had to fight off 5 mechanoids with a bow and arrow... But afterwards it seemed to work like normal... A flood of new people fell almost instantly from the sky once they were dead.

That is a known bug in A17. Where Mechanoids in an Ancient Danger block the Naming event for a colony and any further development .. funny enough I once had a colony with 15 members before I was able to name it :)

rooki1

v1.07: Unfinished Business Edition

- Neck protection to each armors added
- Stats change of smart weapons(Nuff)
- Stats change of manned turrets(Nuff)
- Stats change of the revolver(Nuff)
- Stats change of the scatter charger(Nuff)
- Stats change of the surveillance turret(Buff)
- Blow guns will be more dangerous.
- Jotun siege gun's roll change. It will be a short ranged, direct fire demolition gun.
- Charge cannon was changed to storm charger. Burst firing heavy charge weapon.

Sayshal

Quote from: rooki1 on September 21, 2017, 09:24:27 PM
v1.07: Unfinished Business Edition

- Neck protection to each armors added
- Stats change of smart weapons(Nuff)
- Stats change of manned turrets(Nuff)
- Stats change of the revolver(Nuff)
- Stats change of the scatter charger(Nuff)
- Stats change of the surveillance turret(Buff)
- Blow guns will be more dangerous.
- Jotun siege gun's roll change. It will be a short ranged, direct fire demolition gun.
- Charge cannon was changed to storm charger. Burst firing heavy charge weapon.

There seems to be an issue with the update posted to Steam. Texture issue or something & when I remove all Rimsenal mods the error goes away (obviously can't play my save because your mods' items are still in the save.) Please patch! :)

Error: https://pastebin.com/M9Bzbczv

sirgzu

if the charge cannon was renamed you can try editing your savefile manually to update all references to charge cannon to the new item def name. It's a long shot but it might work based on the changelog.

Anttac221

I just want to say that..Since theres so many teenagers in the federation, there has been an EXTREMELY awkward situation. apparently i had a raid with a relative in it, who was the father of one of my characters, and was only 16 years old.
His daughter was 33. And was married to someone who was 38, and that person was said relative's son-in-law..
Could you fix this?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Anttac221 on September 23, 2017, 07:55:57 PM
I just want to say that..Since theres so many teenagers in the federation, there has been an EXTREMELY awkward situation. apparently i had a raid with a relative in it, who was the father of one of my characters, and was only 16 years old.
His daughter was 33. And was married to someone who was 38, and that person was said relative's son-in-law..
Could you fix this?

thats a vanilla problem and I think it is adressed in A18.

Canute

An explanation could be, the federation use a mindtransfer/backup system. And the age just reflect the biological age of the body not the awareness of the mind.

sirgzu

Is it save safe to upgrade to 1.07 in the middle of a game?

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Canute on September 24, 2017, 02:59:19 AM
An explanation could be, the federation use a mindtransfer/backup system. And the age just reflect the biological age of the body not the awareness of the mind.
Either that or cryogenics. Or has no one noticed that characters typically have both a biological and chronological age?

MemeTurtle

Found a problem with mod factions: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35765.msg367857#new

Sapper raids with these factions can cause an exception. So far I fixed this problem by adding:
<disallowedStrategies>
  <li>Siege</li>
  <li>ImmediateAttackSappers</li>
</disallowedStrategies>

to every group definition in <pawnGroupMakers> in faction definition file. Also I have added <humanlikeFaction>false</humanlikeFaction> to faction definition.

I am curios if there is a better fix to this problem. In any case I would to see these mods updated to solve this problem.