[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

SpaceDorf

Quote from: sirgzu on September 24, 2017, 08:39:31 AM
Is it save safe to upgrade to 1.07 in the middle of a game?

Only if you have none of the changed weapons lying around, else you have to remove them from the savegame.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wedekit

Erm.. current Rimsenal -- Federation A17 download has a FactionDefs file ("FedFaction") with only one line... "FPC Federation Peacekeeper Corps". For obvious reasons, they don't even spawn in game.

I'm gonna copy over the A16 version code and assume that'll fix it, but just thought I'd point out the problem.

SpaceDorf

Has to be an unzip failure, I have the current version myself and my Faction file works.
Try redownloading the Zip and delete your current folder, maybe more is missing.

If this does not work, try the attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

wedekit

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 07, 2017, 09:53:50 AM
Has to be an unzip failure, I have the current version myself and my Faction file works.
Try redownloading the Zip and delete your current folder, maybe more is missing.

If this does not work, try the attachment.

Actually it turned out to be some kind of weird internet explorer issue. I've never gotten around to changing the default program to notepad++ so I typically view XMLs in it. So that's my fault for being lazy... and I'm now officially notepad++ defaulted. Sorry for that!

I did the research and have all the Rimsenal worktables made (including that for Federation) but was trying to figure out where I got cores from to actually craft Federation items. I hadn't heard or seen anything about a federation in my global relations (I have the faction mod that spawns them without making a new game... can't remember name) so I got curious and started poking around the mod folder. When poking around the DEFs it popped up and I figured that's why they haven't attacked me yet. Ferals have been at me a couple of times but no federation.

Anyways, since then I've used the debug menu to spawn a couple of waves and everything is in working order for Federation. Still no cores but I'll figure that out.

Let me just say how fantastic the textures are for this mod. My current resolution makes it so I don't get to see much of the detail of the smaller items (guns and armor) but I can admire the documentation and texture folder anytime I want, lol. Federation raids look very, very polished when grouped together.

SpaceDorf

You can either produce crucible cores at the federation table, when you researched the right tech, or you gather them and foerum by smelting federation equipment.
Smelting Equiment and Buying is also the only way to get your hands on foerum.  ( btw. foerum is awesome when used for doors ) 

Beathrus

Looking good since I've been gone for a while. I look forward to playing with this mod again!

wedekit

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 08, 2017, 07:35:33 AM
You can either produce crucible cores at the federation table, when you researched the right tech, or you gather them and foerum by smelting federation equipment.
Smelting Equiment and Buying is also the only way to get your hands on foerum.  ( btw. foerum is awesome when used for doors )

Thank you! I'm at the point where I'm probably just gonna force federation raids with the debug menu. My wealth and colony size has steadily increased and I hardly get any raids on Cass rough. I got them all the time at the beginning. It's like she fell asleep.

I've had foerum sold in a few shops and quite a bit drop from pods (thanks to Cthulu). I'll def give foerum doors a shot!

Vane

Quote from: MightyGooga on June 20, 2017, 05:30:10 PM
Ok, new to this thread.

So where are we standing on a compatibility with Combat Extended mod? I know currently it isnt compatible. So it didnt make the SK HARCORE mod. This mod is so awsome that I think it should be in there dont you all?

Sorry to bump an old question but seriously? These 2 mods would be awesome together!

Canute

I need to the say the Feral Nailgun is the perfect weapon to hurt prisoners, so your doctors can patch them up !
Yeah i am a psychopath :-)

Edit:
I just was wondering why i got so many ogreskin laying around my stockpile. Until i notice there are 3 different ogreskin with all the same stats.
Could you please made it possible that all Ogre drop the same skin ?

TelekineticSloth

There should be a way with the ferals pack to make and utilize the twisted

SpaceDorf

Muffalo Wool

Some issues on this mod:
1. The new races don't seem to bleed out.
2. Seekers and Razortooths can ignite stuff? Seekers are already hard enough since they're hard to hit and they explode on death and set stuff on fire. It's like fighting speedy boomrats with pretty decent melee damage.
3. Unfinished carbon jumpsuit is weird. Sometimes it says it's "cloth carbon jumpsuit" and sometimes plasteel which doubles the amount of work.

rooki1

I need some help.

Recently, I tried to convert rimsenals to A18. And this attempt is... not so successful.
Well, actually, I don't know what to do. Is any list to check for A18 converting?

Rokador

Great mods so far, but there's one thing that bothers me - raiders using those end game weapons. I was recently raided, and one of them (hulk sized ogre) had federation grenades. This guy not only wrecked all of my colonists with just 2 grenades, but also he destroyed most of my colony.
Is there's a way to disable rimsenal weapons for raiders?

rooki1

Rimsenal v1.1: Early adapter edition

General:
-A18 Update

Security:
-Barrage cannon were changed to rocket turret. Automated, medium ranged heavy anti-mechanoid turret.