[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

RantingRavager

Hi, I have a non-steam version of rimworld and have enjoyed this mod immensely, but I seem to have a problem regarding melee weapons.  It doesn't seem like any of the melee weapons from this mod are capable of gaining a quality.  For example, none of the Hammers, Vibroblades, or Torch Swords have any qualities while longswords can either be shoddy or Legendary.  Is there any way to fix this? 

Rexstriker

I appear to have a bug
Whenever I use the Equipment assembly facility, to make the GD tactical pistol when my pawn finishes building it, it disappears, and they try to start again. The same thing happens with the carbine (I haven't tried anything else, but I assume as much)

ShiroeHikari

Im experiencing Texture Problems on Suicide Bomber with the BombVest along side with the ZombieLand Mod.
Anyone know the fix for this

tomolio

I had the same problem, i think ive fixed it by deleting the bomb vest entry from Zombieland mod by deleting the zombie_things file and reducing the chances of suicide zombies spawning to zero.

Zephyrinius

Thanks for this mod -- after many hours of more vanilla play, I am trying it and finding that it adds something fresh.

One suggestion: with all the new armor and helmets, setting up stockpiles for clothing vs. armor has become quite tedious.  It would be nice if the stockpile checklist had a separate section for "armor" and "protective headgear", so one could enable those categories (and only those categories) when setting up an armory.

Also, in the description of the "Seeker" it says it is an "unarmed drone".  This made me expect that the Seeker would not be able to deal damage, which I think is reasonable.  Perhaps the description should instead say "drone with no ranged weapon" or even specifically indicate that it can melee attack.  I know it has a DPS listed, but the description text is very misleading.

Canute

A stone is unarmed too, but can do damage when it bump against you.
Same for unarmed humans, they still can punch/pick you, or charge into you.
The for the drone, if they got manipulator, these can hurt you or it charge into you.

It is you, when you read "unarmed" you think no damage, and thats wrong.

SpaceDorf

Unarmed and Dangerous ..

==== EDIT ====

What I noticed afterwards is .. this can actually happen in Rimworld  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

whitebunny

Quote from: Zephyrinius on December 11, 2017, 02:18:34 AM
Thanks for this mod -- after many hours of more vanilla play, I am trying it and finding that it adds something fresh.

One suggestion: with all the new armor and helmets, setting up stockpiles for clothing vs. armor has become quite tedious.  It would be nice if the stockpile checklist had a separate section for "armor" and "protective headgear", so one could enable those categories (and only those categories) when setting up an armory.

Also, in the description of the "Seeker" it says it is an "unarmed drone".  This made me expect that the Seeker would not be able to deal damage, which I think is reasonable.  Perhaps the description should instead say "drone with no ranged weapon" or even specifically indicate that it can melee attack.  I know it has a DPS listed, but the description text is very misleading.

20 year old Mike Tyson could unarguably kill the average Joe in seconds with his bear hands.
Unarmed doesn't mean harmless.

frenchiveruti

I have found this textures misses on Rimsenal Vainilla:
https://i.imgur.com/9TM4uHP.png
Seems like legacy stuff??

Forget about it, you should put in the main post that Rimsenal Core IS NEEDED for the rest  of the mods.

Mst

Got this error popping up

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.RaidStrategyWorker_ImmediateAttackSappers.CanUsePawnGenOption (RimWorld.PawnGenOption,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.PawnGenOption>) <0x0001d>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility.ChoosePawnGenOptionsByPoints (single,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.PawnGenOption>,RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms) <0x00143>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Normal.CanGenerateFrom (RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms,RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker) <0x00028>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker.CanGenerateFrom (RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms) <0x00051>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility/<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0/<GeneratePawns>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker) <0x00026>
at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1<RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker>.MoveNext () <0x00100>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight<RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker>,System.Func`2<RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker, single>,RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker&) <0x004ce>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility/<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x00282>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>.AddEnumerable (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>) <0x00095>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>) <0x00089>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<Verse.Pawn> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>) <0x00040>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker_Patch0 (object,RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x001d5>
at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x00013>
at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x0001b>
at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () <0x0009a>
at TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour3._DoSingleTick (Verse.TickManager) <0x005d4>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour3:_DoSingleTick(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/d6256c8632897d30a28c7505486c729e

I am not completely sure it's Rimsenal's problem but I heard this error means that game tries to generate raid with sappers or a siege but there is no way to do those with Federation or feral factions and thats what causes the problem.
Can somebody please give an advice on this? I am playing on Randy Extreme, maybe Rimsenal storytellers won't throw this error? There are barely any raids now. Don't want to miss any more due to this errors.

@MemeTurtle also mentioned in the bug thread that there is a way to add explicit lists of dissalowed strategies(siege and sappers) to all pawnGroupMakers and it solves this problem.
I have no idea how to do it or wether it really helps and would much appreciate any help.

Upd.
Found his original post:
QuoteSapper raids with these factions can cause an exception. So far I fixed this problem by adding:
<disallowedStrategies>
  <li>Siege</li>
  <li>ImmediateAttackSappers</li>
</disallowedStrategies>

to every group definition in <pawnGroupMakers> in faction definition file. Also I have added <humanlikeFaction>false</humanlikeFaction> to faction definition.

I am curios if there is a better fix to this problem. In any case I would to see these mods updated to solve this problem.

Can someone please help me find those faction definition files and right place to paste the lines?

Canute

I think its the
Mods/Rimsenal_Feral/Defs/FactionDefs/Factions_Feral.xml
Mods/Rimsenal_Federation/Defs/FactionDefs/FedFaction.xml

i found
<canSiege>true</canSiege>
at the Factions_Feral.xml, this you can set to false.

Mst

Quote from: Canute on December 15, 2017, 05:04:19 PM
I think its the

i found

Thanks. I added those lines to every group definition of both factions too just in case.
So far no errors but no raids either so still yet to confirm.

By the way what does <humanlikeFaction> mean?

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Mst on December 15, 2017, 07:33:53 PM
Quote from: Canute on December 15, 2017, 05:04:19 PM
I think its the

i found

Thanks. I added those lines to every group definition of both factions too just in case.
So far no errors but no raids either so still yet to confirm.

By the way what does <humanlikeFaction> mean?
Humanlike Faction are factions that are... well, humans.
You can have animallike factions. Mechanoid Factions, etc.
Or new species added by other mods
You can force a Siege with the dev mode in options, that will accelerate the issue findings.

Johnny_Bandit

Is the Hildegard Storyteller suppose to have no trade ships? In both A17 and B18, I never got even 1 with her as storyteller

Mst

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 15, 2017, 09:59:20 PM
Humanlike Faction are factions that are... well, humans.
You can have animallike factions. Mechanoid Factions, etc.
Or new species added by other mods

I mean what does it actually determine? What are the consequences of flagging it as false and is it the right thing to do?

Already forced several raids with dev mode (I suppose it chooses randomly which kind of strategy to pick?) - I got all standard raids with no errors.
But if I force a siege with a faction with a disallowed strategy wouldn't it give me the same error as before? In other words, what result in this case will confirm that everything is working correctly: error, some kind of other message, game picking normal raid instead of a siege or maybe no reaction at all?