[A12d] [MODLIST] Latta's small mods : NCP 10b

Started by Latta, March 04, 2015, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Door mat now updated. Removed building restriction, modified cost, and optimization!

Quote from: Spaykers on September 04, 2015, 07:43:57 AM
Hi ! Greeat mod !
But , how i can use the serum ? i can do nothing with that  . :(

I didn't make any serum, may I ask what mod you are asking?

Nerve

Can you explain how to use GTC a little more and add some comments to the xml?

RemingtonRyder

GTC creates a temperature offset map condition. This allows you to effectively play with the temperature range for your current location. More than that, I can't say for sure without having tested it out myself. :)

Maffeo

Nice mods Latta !

And I have some request: Can you explain how to use <recipeUsers> in ASA or can you upload example file what you use to add own recipe (like in post #66) ?

Latta

Quote from: Maffeo on September 07, 2015, 06:50:23 AM
Nice mods Latta !

And I have some request: Can you explain how to use <recipeUsers> in ASA or can you upload example file what you use to add own recipe (like in post #66) ?
Quote from: Nerve on September 05, 2015, 06:02:30 PM

Okay, I'll provide some comments or examples after I finish some works.

kellyboi

If I'm not wrong, the points in the xml plots a xy graph. X being time of the day Y being the temperature.
Same for year. X being month of the year and Y being temperature.
The Y coord seem arbitary and doesnt represent any exact temperature.

Latta

Quote from: kellyboi on September 07, 2015, 07:57:49 AM

If I'm not wrong, the points in the xml plots a xy graph. X being time of the day Y being the temperature.
Same for year. X being month of the year and Y being temperature.
The Y coord seem arbitary and doesnt represent any exact temperature.

You are right, except they are "offsets", thus they look arbitary. So if Jan. 1st's 12PM temperature is about 10C on temperate forest, it would be (10C + annual(1, offset) + daily(12, offset)) with this mod turned on.

kellyboi

Ah i see...
Well, I guess my colony's gonna be going thru some crazy temp changes cause i changed some values with the assumption that they're "actual" rather than "offsets" ;D ;D

May I ask about biome factor though? My guess is that they shift the whole curve up or down haha...

Latta

Quote from: kellyboi on September 07, 2015, 10:01:40 AM
Ah i see...
Well, I guess my colony's gonna be going thru some crazy temp changes cause i changed some values with the assumption that they're "actual" rather than "offsets" ;D ;D

May I ask about biome factor though? My guess is that they shift the whole curve up or down haha...

Your guesses are rather accurate! To be precise, It's value is added to the final value depends on your biome.
If you play in...
Ice sheet: Subtract the factor from temperature.
Tundra: Subtract half of the factor.
Temperate: Nothing.
Arid/Jungle: Add half of the factor.
Desert: Add the factor.

So, if you set it to 30, ice sheets' temperature will go down by flat 30C while deserts go up 30C. On the other hand, biome factor of -30 would make "warm" ice sheets(becomes not really icy) while deserts go very cold, or at least go "temperate".

kellyboi

Quote from: Latta on September 07, 2015, 10:13:17 AM
Quote from: kellyboi on September 07, 2015, 10:01:40 AM
Ah i see...

Your guesses are rather accurate! To be precise, It's value is added to the final value depends on your biome.
If you play in...
Ice sheet: Subtract the factor from temperature.
Tundra: Subtract half of the factor.
Temperate: Nothing.
Arid/Jungle: Add half of the factor.
Desert: Add the factor.

So, if you set it to 30, ice sheets' temperature will go down by flat 30C while deserts go up 30C. On the other hand, biome factor of -30 would make "warm" ice sheets(becomes not really icy) while deserts go very cold, or at least go "temperate".

Ah ok! Thanks so much for the explanation! :D

Match

Heya Latta, have a question about ASA. You mentioned that we would need to go in and add the recipes. Would this be similar to ThingDefs and editing the XML and putting in these.

<recipes>
<li>InstallPowerClaw</li>
<li>InstallScytherBlade</li>
<li>InstallBionicEye</li>
<li>InstallBionicArm</li>
<li>InstallBionicLeg</li>
<li>InstallSimpleProstheticArm</li>
<li>InstallSimpleProstheticLeg</li>
<li>InstallPegLeg</li>
<li>InstallDenture</li>
<li>InstallJoywire</li>
<li>InstallPainstopper</li>
<li>InstallNaturalHeart</li>
<li>InstallNaturalLung</li>
<li>InstallNaturalKidney</li>
<li>InstallNaturalLiver</li>
<li>RemoveBodyPart</li>
<li>Euthanize</li>
</recipes>

Latta

I am about to release have released an example mod for this, which includes animal peg legs(recipe only), simple prosthetic animal legs, simple prosthetic animal arms, bionic animal eyes, bionic animal arms, bionic animal legs and euthanize option. Basically all Core recipes adapted for animals except organs.

Updated ASA to 10a. Now includes Euthanize option as default. You may... free... your animals from pain, without cutting its head off.

harpo99999

thank you for asa update, NOW my large pack of hauling dogs can receive further training  and masters instead of being unreleaseable masterless drag dogs

Fluffy (l2032)

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Your naming scheme is really confusing. I have literally been hoping for weeks you'd update the mods to A12, only to just now realise thats just  your own versioning. Maybe put a 'v' in front of it so it's slightly clearer?

Latta

Sorry for confusions regarding version numbering. I'll apply your suggestion later today.