[A12d] [MODLIST] Latta's small mods : NCP 10b

Started by Latta, March 04, 2015, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

you click the link I posted above, then click issues, then create an issue.

Or if you have some other way of sending me files, that will work too.

exelsiar

exelsiar

Until I can get this issue fixed (if I even can), any idea how I can remove the No Cleaning mod? When I disable it via the method in game just stops the save from loading.

Fluffy (l2032)

Try removing the NoCleaningPlease entry in the mapComponents section of the save file. If that doesn't work, remove everything that has the name NoCleaningPlease in it. I'll hopefully get around to looking at this problem better by tomorrow. It's a bit annoying to debug someone else's code, have to figure out how everything really works first ;).

exelsiar

Thanks fluffy, alas theres at least 1000 entries, guess I'll be keeping my dirty floors :P Thanks for all your good work ^_^

MisterVertigo

Ah bummer. I finally got a good start on a new colony, and then I realized that No Cleaning wasn't working, and I can't clean at all.

I don't have the buttons to designate a cleaning area, and none of my pawns will clean. I have them assigned to be able to clean, but I can't even right-click in a dirty spot on my floor to force them to clean it. I removed the mod, but I'm still unable to clean at all. I read your post above about removing all the lines from the save file, but that didn't seem to do anything.

So, what can I do to help you help me figure out why your mod won't work for me? I've never looked at an error log before so I'm not sure where to look. If you have any thoughts on how I can salvage this save that would be good too!

Thanks Fluffy!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Rock5

I haven't been playing recently, just doing some testing, but what I noticed about No Cleaning Yet is you have to restart the game when you visit the mod list or it wont work and if you start a new game you should test the cleaning first because if it doesn't work you have to start a new game. I wasn't able to recover from a good start I had once no matter what I tried.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Poebe

Soap

Asame

Added the A13 update to my game. Check to see if the area buttons were there to see if it was working (saw others had problems getting it to load apparently)

Well the buttons were there so I just left it. Colonists didn't get to cleaning until now, but they're now perpetually stuck cleaning. Dirt doesn't go away and they just freeze basically. Tried different worlds and saves, same thing.

Could this be the issue? Don't really know how to debug this game.

Der Failer

Quote from: Asame on May 09, 2016, 10:19:58 AM
Added the A13 update to my game. Check to see if the area buttons were there to see if it was working (saw others had problems getting it to load apparently)

Well the buttons were there so I just left it. Colonists didn't get to cleaning until now, but they're now perpetually stuck cleaning. Dirt doesn't go away and they just freeze basically. Tried different worlds and saves, same thing.

Could this be the issue? Don't really know how to debug this game.
This is a known bug (see here). I don't know how far Fluffy is in fixing it, so i would recommend playing without is for the moment.
Also if you're reporting a bug, always make sure to attach the output_log.txt.

crusader2010

Looking at the error from above,  <li Class="NoCleaningPlease.Area Cleaning">, there could be something wrong because of the underscore character that is apparently missing (NoCleaningPlease.Area Cleaning   VS   NoCleaningPlease.Area_Cleaning). Probably some parsing issue?

Also, looking at the MakeNewToils() method in JobDriver_CleanFilth_NoHome.cs, there is a defaultCompleteMode = ToilCompleteMode.Never
Does this mean that under certain conditions the cleaning "job" is never going to complete? (thus colonists probably getting stuck).

Sorry if these questions are silly... just started looking over the code and trying to make sense of it :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

nobrainer

Hey there! I've seen some posts saying that Soiling isn't working on A13, has anybody updated Soiling? What would be needed to update it to A13?

Would it be a matter of updating something within the XML files? Or does it require any change to some DLL source code?

exelsiar

Quote from: nobrainer on May 17, 2016, 05:32:22 PM
Hey there! I've seen some posts saying that Soiling isn't working on A13, has anybody updated Soiling? What would be needed to update it to A13?

Would it be a matter of updating something within the XML files? Or does it require any change to some DLL source code?

Soiling works just fine with A13 :)

nobrainer

Quote from: exelsiar on May 17, 2016, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: nobrainer on May 17, 2016, 05:32:22 PM

Soiling works just fine with A13 :)

Really! Good to know. Thanks.