[Mod Request] Furry races/dogboys?

Started by roushguy, December 18, 2015, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roushguy

So, in short, I'm looking for a race of uplifted/gene-modded humans/animals that are, effectively, furries. If you've played RIFTS then you'll know about the CS Dogboys, which I think would make for a killer mod. Lower base manipulation, ability to bite as well as claw in melee, superior sight, forbidden artistic and research skills, and greater movement/hauling, etc?

Melaquidez

In principle there are no alien races in the universe of rimworld
but I don't deny that it would be interesting to see more than just human

Toggle

There is, flat out, no aliens in Rimworld. Everything is genetically modified over thousands of years to become the stuff you see. So possible for what OP says to be added. Although nobody has really done anything with different species of actual colonists you can use, instead of just robots and such, as far as I know.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

roushguy

Thanks, ZOMBIE. I'm not suggesting aliens, just genetically-modified humans/animals. The real question is how to code them. I'm not good at even basic stuff like this, and I'd love tips/advice/code snippets.

Toggle

Yeah, I meant it for the other person who commented. And that's why it's interesting, haven't heard of people using different types as main colonists, just robots and such for a few tasks.

Austupaio

It could be interesting in the way that 40K handles it. There are various mutants that are, at best, used as slaves or penal legion troopers. There vary from 'furry' types as mentioned to more alien or Fallout concepts. Then there are just Ratlin's and Orgyn but they are more human/better treated.

roushguy

In truth, I was thinking more along the lines of the dog-boys from RIFTS than any abhumans from 40k.

http://rifts.wikia.com/wiki/Dog_Boy (For those who don't know what they are)

My best guess would be some sort of penalty to manipulation, a boost to eyesight, movement speed, possibly health? As well as give them new melee attacks. Claws and fangs, rather than fists.

RoboticManiac

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on December 18, 2015, 06:11:37 PM
There is, flat out, no aliens in Rimworld. Everything is genetically modified over thousands of years to become the stuff you see. So possible for what OP says to be added. Although nobody has really done anything with different species of actual colonists you can use, instead of just robots and such, as far as I know.
I noticed this a while back. Is there any particular reason there are no aliens/ new species made by mod authors which are 'human' pawns?

Toggle

It's why it's interesting, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that with MAI's robots, that "MAI" is a robot colonist you can make, but that may of been something else. But yeah, just don't remember straight up changing the races.

chp2001

I tried making a mechanoid colonist type a long time ago, if it is possible it is definitely not easy.

The way Rimworld handles colonists seems to only account for if the colonist is human, a mechanoid or such type colonist wouldn't be supported by healing, surgeries, mood, backstory, etc.

Of course I could be completely wrong :P I'm not the most experienced mod maker.