[Mod request] SS13 related stuff. HUGE REQUEST!

Started by WarlordToby, March 04, 2015, 10:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarlordToby

Good day. I am here to ask for Space Station 13 related stuff. First off, i will explain what Space Station 13 is. SS13 is a game available on BYOND (Build Your Own Network Dream) that is about being on Space Station 13 as crew. You simply work there, and there are special events like Blob, Xenomorphs (From the movie!), Traitors and stuff.

So, first off i'd like to see the common airlock.
I couldn't find any pictures those would show them all. You can go and google "SS13 airlocks".
Then i'd like to see some clothing like the armor vests, standart helmet and few others like labcoats and hazard vests.

And few things like basic floor tiles. No Rimworld floor seem to fit to my project.
Those are cool things to start with. You don't need to publish all that at the time. One thing at the time works, too.

Halinder

Please no blobs. Blobbernauts are terrifying.

That said, Cult of Nar'Sie siege bases where they simply gather blood from wildlife to summon Nar'Sie would be pretty cool.

Ryk

I can see it now. This mod will start with a few simple things like wet floor tiles that make people fall and your AI controlled colonists throwing Janitor class people in prison. And probably culminate with Random Randy summoning an army of cluwnes that mentally break all your colonists with honking, then brutally beat them all to death with fire extinguishers. That or Randy would summon a Macho man, or 12.
Man, now SS13 is stuck in my head. I'll have to listen to plump play SS13 in the background while playing Rimworld for awhile.

Halinder

"A seraph mech death squad has dropped in right on top of you!"

WarlordToby

Holy moley! Pretty many of you happen to know SS13. I simply asked for floors, reinforced walls and doors/airlocks. I got a project going on here :3

spatula

HONK

I love SS13. I'd love to see the Ian make it into Rimworld. And the crabs. One game I came back to life as a crab. It was the best game I ever played.

tristan1333

RoboticManiac

This is one of those ideas where you go 'Why hasn't someone thought of this before?!'

I can see it now- SS13 going planetside.

HeadWar

Not that I have played that much SS13, but from what I have seen, it's a fair bet that your average game will have around three survivors, crash landed on the nearest planet.

Stinkycat752

If the people on this post group up to help make this I'd love to be part of it!

Also Tajarans rule! :3
Abomination Imagination

Bloc97

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I didn't find anywhere else to ask this.
I am willing to make such a mod, but is there still interest? Also SS13 have pretty complicated licensing issues, and I can't find a definite license for the newest sprites (from goonstation). The hardest part of making such a mod would be the art, and having SS13 resources available would reduce the work by a lot.

Stinkycat752

I'm still somewhat interested; a while ago I took some sound files from Colonial Marines and changed the vanilla melee sounds but never released it, I just sort've have it on Dropbox.

https://github.com/jaggerestep/Baystation12/commit/6461beaf587de4e35fff02efdb7708e61ce43ed8

You could look around github for their licensing; unless you meant you already looked there, I dunno.

Gonna check on that sound edit I made though, there was some extra music which takes up something like 300 MB

In the event someone does feel like downloading a 200MB zip, here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d31fwwm5ehl70gm/SpessStation13mod.zip?dl=0
Abomination Imagination