A battle that doesn't need you.

Started by Pendryn, March 04, 2015, 12:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pendryn

Gang. Gang. Check it.

What if, you aren't the focus of an attack.

What if you were occasionally just in the way?

Maybe every so often, a battle between pirates and tribesmen, or pirates and pirates, or tribes and tribes or tribes and mechanoids just took place in your lands with your town stuck in between? I mean, sure this happens by happy accident every so often, but, not really purposely.
Reticulating all the splines.

b0rsuk

I already had two factions kill themselves on my lawn.

Pendryn

Reticulating all the splines.

Johnny Masters

Yeah, should have an event for that with the regular text prompt with some flavor text. Should also be able to decide to just let them be or perhaps join a side, i.e.,even if you are hostile, you become temporary allies and could become neutral or friendly depending on the outcome.

Silvador

I've had this happen a couple of times.

I see a text message "A group of people from such and such place are visiting"

Then a minute later "A group of people from over that-a-way are visiting"

I think to myself, fine, they're just passing by, no reason to pay them any heed. Three minutes later I'm hearing gunfire and I look at my colony and here are two rival factions having a full blown shoot out with each other... right in the middle of my colony that I'm trying to build!

CodyRex123

Well, it wouldn't make sense unless the people involved in the fight chose the location.... i think them passersby need to have more conflict though.
Dragons!

Silvador

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 04, 2015, 02:57:58 PM
Well, it wouldn't make sense unless the people involved in the fight chose the location.... i think them passersby need to have more conflict though.

Would be awesome if two groups set up camp on either side of the map and just lobbed mortar shells at each other... over your colony. XD

Argon

Back in one of the earlier alphas, when visitor groups used to be HUGE, this was a common and hilarious occurrence.

-Argon

CodyRex123

LOL, The reason i said that is it as if they chose the location and PLANNED to fight there... which i find kinda weird. Anyways, i think that if you have a group mortaring you, and then another group begins mortaring you, depending on how much they hate each other, i say they should attack each other, And you should have mutiple travelers on the map when there is at least one, just to add to conflict.
Dragons!

Gennadios

Alpha 7, reaaaaaaaally late in the game, the framerate slows to a crawl. Something like a frame every 3 seconds.

I scroll to the top left of the map and it's two warring tribes, ~30 people per side just shooting arrows at each other. I just couldn't recover my framerate from there. Had to abandon game.

I think at that time I had one visiting tribe and one passing by tribe, and they met and happened to have been enemies.

Good times.

lusername

Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 04, 2015, 07:06:27 PMAnyways, i think that if you have a group mortaring you, and then another group begins mortaring you, depending on how much they hate each other, i say they should attack each other, And you should have mutiple travelers on the map when there is at least one, just to add to conflict.
This already happens. I've had one guy show up to attack me and wind up attacking the previous guys besieging me.

I've also had the hilarity of an entire besieging party being killed or driven off by...a bunny. Seriously, this frikken BUNNY flips out and murders the shit out of an entire pirate band like it's the bunny from Monty Python. After driving them off, it came for me. I need a mod which turns the frag grenade into the Holy Hand Grenade.

TrashMan

It always funny when the AI is so busy shooting at you that it ignores someone else knifing him to death. Or in this case, nibbling.

All hail the vorpal bunny!