Priority order, for power

Started by WingNova, March 04, 2015, 01:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingNova

What if there was a priority for power just like there is for stockpiles. So that your critical systems stay on; like the freezer.

OmniTitan

I second this, the ability to specify certain systems importance would be extremely useful. Maybe require a computer connected to the circuit or some research before its possible.

CremionisD

I like this idea.

One way to allow this style of system to be built would be to add research for a "smart switches" (similar to the current switch, but automated based on connected stored power, with programmable "switch on" and "switch off" levels). Changing the automation trigger levels might require a colonist to go to the switch to reprogram it...

Of course, one can already use the current switches to do this style of solution. Doing so creates micromanagement that can either be frequent (=annoying), or rare (=tends to be easily forgotten until it's already too late and power runs out). Automation would eliminate need of micromanagement...

Vas

I was gonna post this if it didn't already exist.  My freezer kept shutting down and rotting all my food just to keep the lights on.  Rather annoying, worse that I had to go tick all the lights and by the time my colonists did that, I'd have to go tick them all back on too.  This game is almost micro manage hell right now.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

nmid

Quote from: Vas on May 30, 2015, 11:10:14 AM
I was gonna post this if it didn't already exist.  My freezer kept shutting down and rotting all my food just to keep the lights on.  Rather annoying, worse that I had to go tick all the lights and by the time my colonists did that, I'd have to go tick them all back on too.  This game is almost micro manage hell right now.  :P

If you want, edit the xml for one type of light to have lower power usage.
Instead of say using 75watts*8 hours of night, make it use 25 watts for 24 hours.
Makes life much simpler.

Ofcourse, if you want to be fair for your own self (lol), do that only for the outdoor lamp/porch lamp.. not the floor lamp, ceiling lamp etc.

As for the OP, I agree.. having priorities would help.. but there is a workaround.
Make 2 power systems, one for critical, one for regular use. Slightly more expensive in wiring and batteries, but works out in the long run.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ