[WIP] Native Factions-reworked

Started by Berengar, December 13, 2014, 06:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berengar

Hello!
I'm start working on a new Mod, and searching for some Ideas and some Feedback. :)
The idea behind that mod is, to improve and advance the natice Factions, like the Pirates, Mercenarys...
Over the Time i will rework every single Faction with his own Cloth, and more specific Unis. (Bosses to)

1: Pirates 75%
The Idea for the pirates is simple. They should be something between the Fallout and the Borderlands Raiders..
So armors, Weapons and Units that looks like they took some scratch from the Deserts, and put it thogether, without an real plan. So at the end they are one or two differend Raiderclans planned. With individual Equipment, Bosses, and maybe some Cars.

Here are the Pirates until now.

Outlanders: 7%
There will be different outlander Factions. Like from a town in an desert, so a bit like the sandguys from star wars, Steampunk Cowboys from the Marshs, and maybe Traders from the green Lands.

Mercenarys: 24%
Going forwards!

Spacers 5%
They will be the only way to get high tec Stuff. Will create some Soldier armors, and finde clothes for them...

Tribes: 25%
I will make cannibals out of them.. for some days i see an image from borderlands 2 where one of the bandits holds on big Shield, with an Minon pinned on the front. Maybe make a Shield like that, with the hide from an old colonist on the front.
Will slow down them MUTCH but give them an imense defense..
So your will see many realy slow.. but hard to kill, meelefighters.

Normads: 3%
They came from the endless white...

How ever.
I need some ideas for the other faction.
Manly for the Outsiders, and the Mercenarys.

Mfg: Berengar

Dragoon

cool will the spacers be using like bodysuits or something?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Berengar

Like the glitterskin from Apparelo?
Hrm... maybe. But why not? xD
To be honest, until now i dont spend mutch time, thinking about the Spacers.

PS: What do you guis think about steampunk style for the outsiders? Like Mechanoid arms.. (or bether say shoulders xD
Rimworld dont have arms!)

Dragoon

ooo those mech arms sound badass! >:D steam punk would be great for the outsiders. (yes kinda like that I love the suit but the cost is way to much beside I was hoping it would look more like the nano suit (not the glitter nano suit) -minus the powerups and such)
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Berengar

Will going forwards to them! But firstly i want to finish the mercenarys. At the moment i thinking about adding them as an real faction, so you can "hire" them, alias make them to alies. :)

Dragoon

That would be an interesting mechanic sometimes(unless you use prepare carefully ) you can pay someone to protect you :)

Berengar

And finaly its going a bit forward.. :P