Mod Request: Pets

Started by Psyckosama, March 01, 2015, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

I know I'm not the only one who'd like to get some doggahs and kittahs in this game.

Having animal friends as an option could be fun.

Anyone want to discuss how it could be managed?

pidggit

I've been away from the community for a while, but I made a mod way back when called Project K9 that added tameable dogs to the game.

I had to abandon it due to lack of free time (I've since bought and renovated a house, had a baby, and completed a gigantic project at work). My free time is starting to build up again so I'm thinking of picking it back up again, but it likely won't be ready for a while as I'm likely just going to start over with it as I'm sure the RimWorld codebase has changed enough to warrant it.

Either way, thought I'd throw that in there.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: pidggit on March 01, 2015, 06:11:21 PM
I've been away from the community for a while, but I made a mod way back when called Project K9 that added tameable dogs to the game.

I had to abandon it due to lack of free time (I've since bought and renovated a house, had a baby, and completed a gigantic project at work). My free time is starting to build up again so I'm thinking of picking it back up again, but it likely won't be ready for a while as I'm likely just going to start over with it as I'm sure the RimWorld codebase has changed enough to warrant it.

Either way, thought I'd throw that in there.

Your "old" mod project K9 is one of the few mod not updated yet I really want to see updated. Reading that made me want to marry you xD

pidggit

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 01, 2015, 06:50:38 PM
Reading that made me want to marry you xD

I love you, too! Let's elope in Vegas! :D

rab397

i would love to have this

benben471

Quote from: Psyckosama on March 01, 2015, 04:36:34 PM
I know I'm not the only one who'd like to get some doggahs and kittahs in this game.

Having animal friends as an option could be fun.

Anyone want to discuss how it could be managed?
I like this idea, it could incorporate the Moods and Traits system. It would be cool to have traits such as 'Dog person' or 'Cat person' which gives negative mood or positive towards the different pets. and a general increase to mood where pets are. There could even be a downside to having pets added in like; going through food faster and needing to get meat for carnivorous pets.
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

SkyBreach

I remember a mod (in old RimWorld version 7) called "Animal Husbandry" where you can build a signpost in a location of your choice, then you can lead wild animals there. If you have a male and a female of the same species,  you can make them "have a love story" and have small "puppies"  ;D. It is very useful to get extra food for your Colony. Adds a new experience and goal of the game.

It's even fun to create a fence, and put inside animals of your choice. Making the colony more "alive", at least in appearance. I always wondered why the author never update this mod... sad

I would love to see my "rimdog" running around my colony, or even my "rimcat" :D. Just for eye candy or just because i like animals/pets. Im not really looking for make them fight or manageable. But it's not a bad idea
Knowledge is Power