New events

Started by Songleaves, July 14, 2015, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Songleaves

Meteor crash: like escape pod but only gives minerals and metals, also fire starts at the landing place. If we ever return to needing to mine iron ore and smelt it to get usable iron then the meteor crash could be a good way to get usable iron immediately just as many early people's used meteoric iron before the invention of smelting.

Meteor shower: improved joy for colonists who are stargazing or using the telescope.

Season finale: the broadcast of a season finale of a popular show is playing, colonists watching TV get increased mood, colonists who don't watch TV get mood penalty "missed season finale"

Volcanic eruption: rocks fall down randomly outside crushing anything the land on like in a cave-in and starting a fire where they land.

Passing moles: moles dig up your growing area, some of the plants are randomly removed and replaced with dirt mounds. Only happens in temperate biomes.

Sudden Oak Death: a disease that has had a terrible impact on oak populations in California and Oregon, when it shows up it can rapidly lead to the death of many oaks in an area. Only occurs in biomes with oaks, kills many of the oaks.

Sandstorm: occurs in desert biomes, colonists get mood penalty when outside in the sand. Plants are randomly destroyed.

Hailstorm: more likely to occur in colder biomes. Colonists outside can randomly get bruised, structures outside can randomly get damaged.

Toggle

• This could work well
  • Interesting, but it's a joy activity to stargaze and so it's likely people wouldn't stargaze at all in the time the event happens.
  • This is... .-. You're facing no matter how large the colony, because you have a single tv you  need to have more of them in order to force them to abandon everything else and watch the tv which is used for joy, when they don't need joy?
  • The rest are all interesting events and I support

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

kingtyris

I like the sudden oak death. Maybe a blight hits your map, like weevils or something that kill off trees? Sort of like an alpha beaver event, only it would remove wood resources without filling your freezer with free meat.