Real-life depictions of sculptures!

Started by muffins, March 05, 2015, 03:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

muffins

No less than two of my grey markers ran out while colouring this so the end result isn't as nice as I'd like it to be.

[Speculation]

This depicts "Red", a famous pirate slasher. The story goes that when he was still a baby he was playing on the shore of a lake with his favourite toy pirate ship when a salmon grabbed it and made off with it. Now you know pirate slashers. If they see a turret they want to stab it, if they see a centipede (essentially a tank with legs) they want to stab that too. If there is a granite door between them and what they want, they will stab their way through the rock door to get at it. So little Red grabbed his mothers shiv and jumped into the lake whereupon he stabbed the salmon to death. He then proceeded to stab all the salmon in that lake. Every ... single ... one.

When his pirate parents found him again he was trying to stab the lake itself.

[/speculation]

Shinzy

Quote from: muffins on July 12, 2015, 10:48:01 PM
No less than two of my grey markers ran out while colouring this so the end result isn't as nice as I'd like it to be.

http://i.imgur.com/9jrEJMr.jpg

[Speculation]

This depicts "Red", a famous pirate slasher. The story goes that when he was still a baby he was playing on the shore of a lake with his favourite toy pirate ship when a salmon grabbed it and made off with it. Now you know pirate slashers. If they see a turret they want to stab it, if they see a centipede (essentially a tank with legs) they want to stab that too. If there is a granite door between them and what they want, they will stab their way through the rock door to get at it. So little Red grabbed his mothers shiv and jumped into the lake whereupon he stabbed the salmon to death. He then proceeded to stab all the salmon in that lake. Every ... single ... one.

When his pirate parents found him again he was trying to stab the lake itself.

[/speculation]

Bravo!
I weep for your grey markers

Barley

Lonely Rogue

:'( We gather here today to mourn the passing of Muffin's grey markers... May they rest in peace. May we all have a moment of silence to commemorate their passing?
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Levin

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Shinzy

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 13, 2015, 01:43:34 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO SILENCE?!

how long moment of silence did you want? there's good long hours of silence there!
More than any marker deserves!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Daman453

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Lonely Rogue

Quote from: Shinzy on July 13, 2015, 05:25:13 PM
Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 13, 2015, 01:43:34 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO SILENCE?!

how long moment of silence did you want? there's good long hours of silence there!
More than any marker deserves!

I was kidding. *sniff*
Any mod requests?

Segrog

Lonely Rogue

Quote from: Segrog on July 14, 2015, 09:58:28 PM
GET BACK TO DRAWING, PEASANTS.

Yeeessssssssssssss, Master..." -Igor, 2015
Any mod requests?

muffins

I was very pleased that Night decided to create this sculpture since there is a bit of a story behind it.

Checking the injuries of the new prisoners after a raid I found that one of them, Sherman, had her jaw blown off. Being human I felt terrible for her having suffered such an appalling injury. That has to be one of the nastiest injuries in the game.

I immediately ordered the installation of a prosthetic jaw.

Of course this is RimWorld so of course the surgeon started laying into poor Sherman with his Cleaver of Healing, hacking off her hand in the process. Of course he did. Of course he did!

Wow did I feel bad. You try to help someone in need and your idiot colonists find some way to make things worse.

A full bionic arm was quickly, but expensively, obtained and was waiting for Sherman as soon as she was recruited, which thankfully wasn't long. Now she's a really good civilian constructor in the colony.

I'm guessing that Sherman is writhing and shaking in the sculpture because she knows for a fact that my colonists are morons, and that she might wake up with two peg-legs rather than a bionic arm.