Real-life depictions of sculptures!

Started by muffins, March 05, 2015, 03:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffins

Maxwell looks like he is having fun, but beware, for the Stork of Karma is almost upon him!

I really like the shading and highlights there. They're really effective at bringing the characters out.

Kirid

muffins what kind of markers do you use? And is it too much to ask if you would upload a picture rather than a scan? I want to see what your drawings look like on paper.
99% of what I do is digital, but I'm trying to learn to draw normally.(doodling in class)

I love your art dotsnake  ;D
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

muffins

I use Copic Ciao markers mostly. They are awesome. They're expensive if you want a big set of colours (I maintain a collection of 144 colours), but they are re-fillable and the cheaper types are perfectly fine too. Copic markers have very nice pressure sensitive nibs though, so with a bit of practice the same marker can to very fine and very thick lines.

Link to a big uncompressed photo (click to expand) -

http://imgur.com/ReiwMGX

If you try markers out don't bother with bleed-proof marker paper because you want the pigment to bleed through the paper. As long as your current brush-stroke touches you last still-wet stroke they will blend together giving you a fairly even colour without visible lines.

CheeseGromit

Alright artists, here's one for you. Chickens playing dice. That's right up there with dogs playing poker.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kahlzun

These are great!
Edit: Got one that struck me as.. odd...

"This carving bears an illustration of an empty pair of pants riding on a rabbit wearing a spacesuit. If you squint your eyes, the unbalanced composition of the image reveals the outline of a leopard. A dead tarsier stands in the background"
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Avis

Wow, this thread is amazing.
I'll try to contribute something later.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

A Friend

(Edit: I tried fitting it into a UZI where it was engraved on but it couldn't work out, sadly.)

(No drugs were taken during the creation of this piece.)
(Edit: But they would have been very helpful.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Segrog

kahlzun

Whenever I see a new post by A Friend, i just know it will be good.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

muffins

That hat, that face, and that squirrel  ;D

That is a work of utter genius. I love the colours.

cultist

Quote from: A Friend on August 09, 2015, 03:47:11 AM
(Edit: I tried fitting it into a UZI where it was engraved on but it couldn't work out, sadly.)

(No drugs were taken during the creation of this piece.)
(Edit: But they would have been very helpful.)
Love the art style for the central image.

Panzer

If someone needs some material, I recently got a strange one  ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]

Shinzy

Quote from: Panzer on August 17, 2015, 10:02:01 AM
If someone needs some material, I recently got a strange one  ;D

There's not like hundred of boomrats but I put in a few crude boomratish elements

Panzer

Haha awesome  ;D more than I was hoping for