Real-life depictions of sculptures!

Started by muffins, March 05, 2015, 03:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dargaron

Wow. Just...wow.

Any reason the speech bubble is introduced into the scene on a white flag, or is that just for coolsies?

Shinzy

Oaah, I'm glad you're still alive Muffins! Also I suspect Maker is cheating in horseshoes somehow

muffins

Quote from: DargaronAny reason the speech bubble is introduced into the scene on a white flag, or is that just for coolsies?
It was a grand artistic sculpture so a speech bubble didn't seem grand or artistic enough. So flag. Yay.

The flag is actually pink, but my scanner is ancient and hates red shades :/

Quote from: ShinzyAlso I suspect Maker is cheating in horseshoes somehow

Nah. Once you reach Maker's level fatalities will sometimes happen. Ever check-mated someone so hard in chess that an ambulance had to be called afterwards?

Shad

muffins

[Speculation]
Liefe had a gerbil that kept escaping her room. One day they discovered that her gerbil had gotten into the food stockpile, much to the annoyance of the other colonists. Rodents you see poop and pee where they eat, and Liefe's gerbil had been eating and pooping and peeing in the food stockpile. When confronted by the other (quite angry) colonists, Liefe tried to make light of the situation by claiming that Mr.Fluffykins had merely gone on a fun adventure seeking hugs, and that everyone was just over-reacting and being angry over nothing.

That just resulted in angry glares from the other colonists ... and this sculpture.

[/speculation]

grrizo

Muffins! I drop by your deviantart profile and DUUUDE, your artwork is amazing!
As for your political interests... well, you're a good at drawing.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

muffins

Some mean ol' pirate thought he could take Mr.Fluffywuffy.

Mean ol' pirate thought wrong.

Tynan

I love your choice of art descriptions with this one.

She's covered in intenstines... hugs!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Madman666

This is exactly why I am a Rimworld addict. Not only the game is a drug, but the community is also a jewel.

P.S. Covered in intestines? Hell, yeah. Thousand hugs, definitely))

Kiter5

These are great! I love reading about the sculptures! (my current colony portrays a lot of dead chickens it seams. we have  bit of a chicken overpopulation problem- its a good problem for when we get low on food. hence all our 'slaughtering chicken' sculptures)

muffins

[Speculation]
When a pirate gang recruits a new memeber they don't do it with pleasant chats over coco. No. They're much more direct than that. Using intimidation, violence and specific drugs they will implant a very limited number of thoughts into the minds of their victims. Thought 1 might be "Shoot Stuff!", thought 2 might be "Burn Stuff!", thought 3 might be "Loot Stuff!" and so on and so on, and once fully programmed these poor souls are let lose like expendable drones to attack townships and tribes alike.

This is why it takes so long for a warden to undo the damage done by the pirates and recruit these poor abused souls to our colonies and why colonists become unhappy if their organs are plundered, or are turned into hats.

[/speculation]

Madman666

God its so hilariously magnificent)) This is absolutely amazing.

Edixo

These are blowing my mind. Your art is amazing.

Here's a challenge, if you're interested:

Obviously, Chaz hunts with this.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

muffins

Quote from: Edixo on January 15, 2018, 06:56:22 AM
These are blowing my mind. Your art is amazing.

Thankyou. Though on a scale of 1-20 my art skill is only 6 or so lol.

Doing a rifle is a problem. On a sheet of A4 a rifle drawing will be as wide as a pen leaving little room for art, and I'm not keen on doing a close up since it would only be of the stock or just the area forward of the fire group. I might draw something shorter or a sculpture maybe though.

SpaceDorf

As awesome as it looks .. I would not want to touch that gun.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.