Just Finished Game

Started by kaiserslash, March 05, 2015, 07:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiserslash

So I finished this round and was just curious what people would think of the setup I had before I finished.  Mods are in parenthesis 

Base
Entrance has an outer layer with embrasure(defend that colony) for my colonists to hide behind and shoot
After the embrasure are a double doored entrance to inside the base itself
Above the entry doors is my armory for storing all weapons not needed or salvaged from fights
Below the entrance is a very small prison for prisoners themselves (and I mean small)
I have the medical facility right near the entrance so after a fight I can get the wounded their asap (its split in two, upper - medical supplies lower - 2 research computers (more research tables) and medical beds)
Most of the colonist rooms are near entrance in case of an invasion at night they can easily reach the entrance
The center of the base has hydroponics tables which easily overproduced for my 30+ colonists, the center is a fridge/dining area
To the right of the farm is a crafting area for apparel and cybernetic body replacements
The two rooms near the Crafting area are power rooms (Cybernetic Storms) which gave me a constant power supply (surplus 6000)

North of Base
I have a shooting range for my colonists to practice shooting (Target Practice)
6 Devestator Mortars (more vanilla turrets)  in case of Mechanic attacks, they could easily get other invading forces to retreat
A storage facility for all resources, which is connected to the Sculpture room
The room below that is my "bank" which stores only gold and silver

So what do you guys think?  Anything I could improve on, I could have kept playing but I was running out of mountain to mine and on year 5 so the game was getting slow (largest map size doesnt help with that either lol)
To the right of the bank is a freezer which stores all spare raw food

West of Base
The way the defenses were set up, I never lost colonists and could easily wipe the floor of 100+ tribals
The defense consists of 4 Vulcan Turrets(one is destroyed in pic), 3 Shredders Turrets, and 11 Sniper Turrets (all from More Vanilla Turrets)
Above the turrets is a crematory and graves for battle aftermath
A patch of Xerigium which produces somewhere around 200 herbal medicine per harvest

[attachment deleted due to age]