[A14] [MODLIST] Marvin's Misc Small Mods - More Planning (22/08/2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, March 06, 2015, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Just a few extra mods that don't fit anywhere else.

Alpha 15

Nothing yet. Solar Apocalypse and Rogue Planet will update soon, with other small mods updating after a CCL release for Alpha 15.

Alpha 14

Scenario: Cannibals on a Rogue Planet -Dropbox -Workshop
QuoteA season ago the ground shook, split apart and swallowed up your village. Since then you have been travelling and surviving the only way you know how - by eating the flesh of your vanquished foes.

Something strange is going on though. It seems a bit colder, and if you squint at the sun it doesn't seem as bright or as large in the sky as it used to be.

Scenario: The Burning World  -Dropbox  -Workshop
QuoteCan you escape before you burn up?

You and your fellow passengers are forced to land on an unknown rimworld. Sometime later, you realise that the local star is undergoing a phase of increased solar activity. The temperature will reach levels lethal to life in a less than ten years, and that's assuming you take refuge in an underground shelter.

All of your efforts must be dedicated to building a spaceship and escaping before it is too late.

Good luck.

These scenarios require the following mod:
Solar Apocalypse and Rogue Planet (1.0.2)  -Dropbox  -Workshop
  • Adds the Solar Apocalypse map condition.
  • Plant and animal density will decrease as things get hotter.
  • Outdoor plants will die when the temperature gets hot enough.
  • Build a spaceship or get roasted alive!

• Adds the Rogue Planet map condition.
  • Plant and animal density will decrease as the temperature plummets.
  • Less light will be present at the surface - less solar power.
  • Build a spaceship or become popsicles!

Apparel Insulation Nerf (1.0.2)  -Dropbox  -Workshop
  • Reduces the amount of insulation provided by apparel across the board.
  • Reduces wool and camelhair insulation
  • Modifies a StatDef so should be compatible with apparel-adding mods.
  • Raiders and visitors arrive in a narrower range of temperatures, meaning less pawnsicles.
  • Requires Community Core Library! Remember to restart!

More Planning (1.0.4)  -Dropbox  -Workshop
  • Adds an extra planning designation
  • Requires Community Core Library! Remember to restart!

Alpha 12

Metal 'Burns' Slower -Dropbox - Very simple mod which means that walls and doors built from metals burn much slower. This is intended to simulate the metal absorbing heat from burning fires and eventually losing structural strength due to expansion warping, rather than actually melting.

HLCAH -Dropbox - Humans have a lower chance of getting age-related health problems. Does not apply to existing pawns, just newly-generated. N.B. This modifies the human race def and will not be compatible with other mods which do the same.

Compatibility patch -Dropbox for Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering.

N.B. To use the compatibility patch you must already have Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering and HLCAH in your load order. Add the compatibility patch after those two mods in the load order.

Manti -Dropbox - A miniature anti-matter reactor, available after researching the ship anti-matter reactor.

More Planning -Dropbox - An extra planning tool with a different colour, same as previous versions.

Compatibility patch for VeinMiner - add this to the end of your load order, or after More Planning and VeinMiner, to make both work together.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 06, 2015, 02:02:12 PM
Bloodstain deterioration - Arguably a great use for the new deterioration system introduced in A9. Bloodstains in outdoor areas will deterioriate and slowly disappear over time.
This will be nice. Plus it's compatible with existing saves.
Now I won't have to worry about the mess my hunters leave outside the homezone. :D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

MsMeiriona

Bloodstain deterioration! Huzzah! I'd think it should have been an obvious one, glad you made it.

Kilroy232

I am all about that blood stain removal over time, I am going to give that a try right now :D

RemingtonRyder

Added Plan - Dark Outline today. If you can't see your planning tiles against the whiteness of snow, this mod is for you. XCF included in case you want to modify it yourself or for Tynan to make into a game texture.

RemingtonRyder

Added an Ice Sheet biome mod for A9. It has no wolfsies, sadly, but I worked up a new ice texture that you may like.

Tynan

FYI blood will already wash away in vanilla when it rains. Or, at least, it should.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

It does..also when it snows...vomit however...not sure it does.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RemingtonRyder

Hmm. Guess I must not get a lot of precipation in my biomes of choice then! :)

Edit: Indeed, tested out some rain from the debug menu, it clears away the blood pretty quickly.

Fox

TSO

Quote from: Tynan on March 13, 2015, 02:45:59 AM
FYI blood will already wash away in vanilla when it rains. Or, at least, it should.

christ I need to start opening the roof to clean my house and killbox more often... getting colonists around to cleaning such a pain...

Keychan

So your icesheet biome has muffalo? Haven't play the icesheets since the fertilizer pump was removed so it's good to know there's some sort of food source, even if it's scarce.

RemingtonRyder

The original IceSheet mod had muffalo too.

To be honest I see them as a useful bonus but getting some hydroponics going ASAP is going to be the main source of food. Unless the colonists are cannibals, in which case sausages are probably on the menu.

UMK

Clear ice!
How to remove this crap:
Go for IceSheet folder, Defs/TerrainDefs/Terrain_IceSheet.xml and delete the hell out of here the line "<ScatterType>SoftDry</ScatterType>".
Now you can enjoy your clear ice

RemingtonRyder

Thanks! I'll add that into the next update. :)

e: Or, I could texture some more appropriate scatterables for the ice sheet. Maybe later tonight!