[A9] [MODLIST] UMK's Hardcoded stuff, FixScar(2.3.2) - Bionic-Frigging-Torso

Started by UMK, March 07, 2015, 05:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

So to be clear your Recoil Comp stat is effectively increasing the fire rate of colonists proportional to their manipulation/conc/shooting skill?

I'm assuming that a 100% colonist with 7-10 shooting skill would effectively end up roughly where a vanilla colonist would in terms of fire rate.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

UMK

At 10 shooting cooldown will be around  85%, 20 - 70%, if you manage to get Cons*Man >= 5.0 on trigger-happy pawn you will hit hardcap of 50%. This could be easily tweaked with adding points to post-process curve. But this stat is also capped at 100% due to implementation limitations, so it can't be used to increase cooldown. It is possible to write code in way to allow this, but it will be even less reliable.
I haven't balanced stat and I have interest in doing it. Brining it into life was a challenge itself. And also taking care about balance in game when one zero-skill shooter can one-shot sniper behind his cover don't seem quite reasonable. And besides I just don't like this stupid cooldown thingy. Pawn remains in busy state for x seconds motionless, and this delay could be interrupted only with stun, fire or save&load (nullifies cooldowns and aim timers).

artyb

Also, that would be nice for Rimeffect and Project Armory (I think, Deagle, that don't shoot at at is from this mode. And this bug I found on him). I think that will be pretty nice to add that too. I know thats the lot of guns, so I hope you can find the time for that.

Boboid

I'd be surprised if it wasn't compatible already, as far as I can tell he's not done anything to the guns themselves - their stats remained unchanged they're just being modified by another stat from the colonist.

Might be some weird problems with cooldowns that get too low but they'd be the exception rather than the rule I think.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

UMK

Is there anybody with skill "CSharpening" 15 or higher? There is need to inherit one of Tynan's classes, and override one of his methods, but it is not virtual. How to do so? Any black magic from reflection will help. Probably easiest solution is to ask himself to make it virtual, but we won't see any difference until update.

UMK

Implemented the thing you've ever asked for. Meal-Damn-Dispenser.
Nutrient dispensers are damn hardcoded. No way to expand/extend/replace them, at least the one I know. Except complete rewrite of Tynan's code for 'Ingest' job. So to make it work I had to do terrible thing. Dispenser code replaces ThingDefOf.MealNutrientPaste with it's own, research dependent def. Taking into account that in vanilla you can obtain paste only though drop pod event, traders and dispensers, this code won't cause any issues.
Tynan, if you are reading it, please, make ingredient list of meal public and ensure to make DispenseFood virtual(I understand why it is not virtual).

silentlord

hi.

just wanted a quick clarification on the fixing scars...... i gotta chop a human up for human meat, and get leather (any leather?) and then when i click operation i'll get the option to fix scars?

i got a pawn now who sorely needs this. lol i renamed him Scars as he has loads of scars everywhere and missing toes and fingers.

hentiger

Preapologize about my linguistic skills. I live in non-english speak world... My word choice and writing skills would be awful

UMK

Quote from: silentlord on March 12, 2015, 10:14:21 AM
hi.

just wanted a quick clarification on the fixing scars...... i gotta chop a human up for human meat, and get leather (any leather?) and then when i click operation i'll get the option to fix scars?

i got a pawn now who sorely needs this. lol i renamed him Scars as he has loads of scars everywhere and missing toes and fingers.
Nope, you need to chop human or buy human leather/meat from traders for 10 of each. Then you can apply it to scars on torso, neck and head. Missing fingers are easily fixable in vanilla game: you simply chop off arm and attach it back. Same for toes. But why bother yourself with this organic filth when you can go full bionic?

UMK

Added Rhino dermal armor - it reduces incoming damage. To make it I had to modify damage workers of all vanilla damage defs from LocalInjury. If your mod modifies them too there will be conflict. Also won't affect additional damage types from mods like optic damage from Rimsenal and radiation from Industrialization.

cythedag

I love that meal dispenser man. But it's kinda overpowered. I have mine fully upgraded and it only takes 5 food to make a fine meal with zero chance at food poisoning. Is there a way to make it so as you research better meals for it, that the food cost goes up? Really the only reason I use it is because I get tired of my survivors running around vomiting all over the place from food poisoning (even though i have somewhat decent cooks). That poisoning mechanic can almost cripple an early base. Thanks for the mods!

UMK

Meanwhile, update for FixScar, now it makes even Frail healable.

Quote from: cythedag on March 13, 2015, 08:24:18 AM
I love that meal dispenser man. But it's kinda overpowered. I have mine fully upgraded and it only takes 5 food to make a fine meal with zero chance at food poisoning. Is there a way to make it so as you research better meals for it, that the food cost goes up? Really the only reason I use it is because I get tired of my survivors running around vomiting all over the place from food poisoning (even though i have somewhat decent cooks). That poisoning mechanic can almost cripple an early base. Thanks for the mods!
There is a way to do it, but it involves black magic which even scares even me. Anyway this dispenser is somewhat balanced because it can't dispense lavish food. At the moment player finishes those projects they might have cooks skilled enough to make lavish meals without causing poisoning.

cythedag

Quote from: UMK on March 13, 2015, 08:56:37 AM
There is a way to do it, but it involves black magic which even scares even me. Anyway this dispenser is somewhat balanced because it can't dispense lavish food. At the moment player finishes those projects they might have cooks skilled enough to make lavish meals without causing poisoning.
Alright, I see your point. I didn't mean to seem like I was negatively criticizing your mod. Sorry if I came off that way. Really I'm impressed with your work.

My point was, if I can make a "perfect" fine meal with half the resources it takes to make a pawn-engineered "flawed" version of one, it lowers the impetus for me to spend the time and resources to train up my cooks in the first place. It throws off the games economics just a bit. The meal dispenser has it's own negative drawbacks (requires power, can only cook a maximum of fine meal) but those drawbacks are displaced by the obvious low resource requirements.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing. Anyways, great work. My comment is just an observation.

UMK

I know that my hand-made stuff is imbalanced as hell. I have no interest in balancing, but community is free to do it at any time. I interpret all what I've done as little snippets lying on the ground and waiting somebody to pick up.
Added ability to consume stuff from Weed!, Finer Things, CanIBrewIt and such. Actually everything what isPleasureDrug.

artyb

I'm still hope that you make your Recoil Compensation compatible with Rim Effect and Project Armory mods.