Rimworld ANIMATED

Started by Visitor000, March 07, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor000

Okay, this may not be a story, but a suggestion, and animated story of Rimword.
okay i have a few ideas for it:
A narrator, (he will tell us the story as it goes along)
the characters (will have the same art style, with the body with a head and floating weapons)
the story (could be based of an actual game, just some points taken out/ or a complete narrative with nothing connecting to an actual game)
it could be a group thing (different voice actors for the characters)

Post your ideas
PS i cant draw for Belgium.
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Teppeland

One of them will have to be a nudist or a psycopath.

Visitor000

I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

apljee

I'm all for it. Perhaps if this was going to happen, it could be animated based off of a youtuber's series *cough* MathasGames *cough* or based off of a playthrough but with mods.

Visitor000

yea, maybe for a season 2 we could have mods (we will discuss which mods). this could be fun

I am an Author.

BattleFalcon

This sounds awesome! I hope it gets made!

EDIT: Oh BTW I would love to voice people if you need people to.
Look for Cassandra "Cassie" Ryan ingame! That's me!

Visitor000

yea... sadly i have zero animation skills

I am an Author.

snipes

lol based on the design style it wouldn't be to hard to animate after making one simple puppet rig the annoying part is making the sets and backgrounds etc. I can give it a shot making a rig mock up and post it when i got an image but i may be an animator but im no story teller so um some one do that XD
Just a Animation Student Nothing to see here...move along

Makz

What Should The animation be called?

Hayhorse

JimmyAgnt007

In my webomic right now I have had the characters crash land and are currently fighting natives.  Im going to have a few rimworld jokes in there.  I cant actually draw though, my stick people can convey the actions I want but they are rather meh.  Writing is my strong suit so if you needed a writer for this project I am very much suited for that.

Also for the title my votes are:

"Not Cannibals"
"Glittertech" <- I liked this one from Hayhorse
"Lost on the Rimworld" (or just Rim)

TheGreatXXIV

Cool Idea I really like it, I would be willing to help with voices if you need it.

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on May 14, 2015, 08:29:36 AM
"Lost on the Rimworld" (or just Rim)

I think "Lost on the Rim" sounds really good.

JimmyAgnt007

check the link to my comic in my sig for my style of writing and humour.  that reminds me i need to update it lol

JimmyAgnt007

Im sure finding voices would be easy on here, any female players here?  Id like to have female characters but only if we can get a voice. 

Also ive done a bit of script and was wondering about names.  I was going to just make something up but i know there are a lot of common names we see in the game who we love so who do we want in this.

Right now I have an older (but not frail or anything) handyman.  And a younger psychotic cannibal butcher/hunter.  So those names should come first.  Anyone think of a recognizable name from the game that suits those roles?

TheGreatXXIV

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on May 28, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Anyone think of a recognizable name from the game that suits those roles?

What exactly do you mean by recognizable?

For the hunter what about Karl Jaegerson?