Rimworld ANIMATED

Started by Visitor000, March 07, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

well it seems like certain names in rimworld always belong to certain types of characters.  or some were just really funny.  just seeing if some happen to come up often across all the players of Rimworld

milon

Those are the unique characters, as opposed to the random backstory characters.  Like John the unstable farm boy, Keunke the engineer, and Emmi the sex slave.

JimmyAgnt007

Yes, the unique characters.  Thats what i meant.  Would they best used as characters or would people prefer fresh faces and names?

Also Tynan, any official input of what to do, not to do, sacrifices to make to the void gods, or help with art assets at a higher resolution to work with?

StorymasterQ

Maybe the Name-in-the-game characters need permission to use?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

snipes

To do List:
Contemplate art direction
Environments
Character turnarounds
lots of assets
more assets
Sleep???
Just a Animation Student Nothing to see here...move along

JimmyAgnt007

Good call StorymasterQ  It might just be better to make them up on our own to avoid issues.

my to do list:
whip art monkey
recheck list of things to do

Tynan

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on May 29, 2015, 10:27:37 AM
Also Tynan, any official input of what to do, not to do, sacrifices to make to the void gods, or help with art assets at a higher resolution to work with?

I just want to see what you come up with!

I don't have anything you don't have; all my story ideas are in the longsleep briefing and you have all the game art. Looking forward to seeing stuff though!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

JimmyAgnt007

glad to hear it.  do you want the script in advance or anything?  do you want yourself in as a character?  i could name a void god after you.

Tynan

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 02, 2015, 01:31:38 PM
glad to hear it.  do you want the script in advance or anything?  do you want yourself in as a character?  i could name a void god after you.

No void gods please :p Just do your thing.

JimmyAgnt007

none at all?  or just named after you.  ive already used them in place of swearing, as in "By the void gods!"

Tynan

No I just mean don't name them after me, it feels awkward!

JimmyAgnt007

far enough lol no worries.

Frankenbeasley

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 02, 2015, 01:34:42 PM
none at all?  or just named after you.  ive already used them in place of swearing, as in "By the void gods!"

Well, that just makes me think of this: https://youtu.be/icTrzUuWlHI
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

JimmyAgnt007

i cant view that in my country for some reason. 

043912mi

I can try if you need a female voice actor