[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmid

adding my 2 cents for a A17 (or A18) update for Quantum stockpiles :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

GideonFluff

Really looking forward to an update to this mod.

This should be part of the vanilla game tbh. When your base gets really big it starts getting tedious to store the resources in an easily accessible way.

firestrock

Maybe since A18 is here he'll come back to modding, but he hasn't played Rimworld in a long time and the last activity on GitHub was almost 5 months ago.
I don't have much hope that Quantum Storage will get any updates anymore.

Nightinggale

Looks like all the mods in the first post are released with the GPLv3 license. This means anybody can pick up and update any of the mods and even continue to develop features in them, just as long as the updated mods comply with the conditions in GPLv3 (basically needs to be open source). It's a good license because it means the loss of a modder is not the loss of a mod. However it's not without issues because updating something written by somebody else is not the easiest task in the world.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

lperkins2

Looks like it's been updated by an impatient user :)  The compiled versions are attached to an issue on the github tracker.

Ratys

Timing of RimWorld updates follows Murphy's laws to the letter, I'll tell you that. Just finished fixing up my rig to a state where I can do work on it (it's not fully done yet), and now I have like 15 minutes until I have to leave to the airport - business trip, a couple of days.

Managed to update Mad Skills and take a look at RT Fuse. By "take a look" I mean churn out a pre-release version: find it here, but bear in mind - I haven't as much as loaded a map with it, completely untested. If it breaks - good, post logs here; if it doesn't - break it, then post logs here. Have fun!

If all goes well, there will be updates for everything by next weekend. Except RT Quantum Storage, but, there are straight ports available here: all credit for that goes to Killface1980 (I didn't have the time to try those out myself, so don't come complaining about them). Not giving up on my plan to rewrite the mod just yet, core codebase I already produced is still relevant (look earlier in the thread for sneak peeks).

Umbreon117

Quote from: Ratys on November 19, 2017, 10:01:37 PM
Timing of RimWorld updates follows Murphy's laws to the letter, I'll tell you that. Just finished fixing up my rig to a state where I can do work on it (it's not fully done yet), and now I have like 15 minutes until I have to leave to the airport - business trip, a couple of days.

Managed to update Mad Skills and take a look at RT Fuse. By "take a look" I mean churn out a pre-release version: find it here, but bear in mind - I haven't as much as loaded a map with it, completely untested. If it breaks - good, post logs here; if it doesn't - break it, then post logs here. Have fun!

If all goes well, there will be updates for everything by next weekend. Except RT Quantum Storage, but, there are straight ports available here: all credit for that goes to Killface1980 (I didn't have the time to try those out myself, so don't come complaining about them). Not giving up on my plan to rewrite the mod just yet, core codebase I already produced is still relevant (look earlier in the thread for sneak peeks).
So...If it breaks tell how it broke, it it doesn't make it break. I like the sound of that.

I am doing a fairly well modded pre-playthrough while i wait for a few more mods to update. I'll tell you what i think breaks with this mod, but i may mistake something breaking with another mod.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Ratys

23.11.17 CHANGELOG:

• RT Fuse: updated to B18, added Korean (Coldmoon) and Spanish (anonymous maybe) translations.
  • RT Power Switch: updated to B18, added Spanish translation.
  • RT Solar Flare Shield: updated to B18, added Korean translation (Coldmoon).

Let me know if anything breaks, of course: the faster you do that the faster I can fix it. Have fun!

P.S.: now working on the RT Quantum Storage rewrite. Grab B18 port by Killface1980 here if you're impatient.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Ratys on March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM
Compatibility warning: compatible with Haplo's PowerSwitch only if RT Power Switch is loaded before Haplo's; even then, enabling features of both mods at the same switch will lead to weird behavior!
ModCheck can pick up on that and write an error to the log if RT Power Switch is loaded last. You add ModCheck (either as mod or add the DLL, both in my signature link) and then add the following patch.

<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
<success>Always</success>
<operations>
<li Class="ModCheck.loadOrder">
<modName>PowerSwitch</modName>
<yourMod>RT Power Switch</yourMod>
<yourModFirst>true</yourModFirst>
<errorOnFail>true</errorOnFail>
</li>
<operations>
<Operation>
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Ratys on November 23, 2017, 05:05:42 AM

Let me know if anything breaks, of course: the faster you do that the faster I can fix it. Have fun!

P.S.: now working on the RT Quantum Storage rewrite. Grab B18 port by Killface1980 here if you're impatient.

Everything's working great!
May I ask what are you planing on introducing into RT QS rewrite? New mechanics or a better performance on the mod.

Ratys

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 10, 2017, 07:33:08 PM
May I ask what are you planing on introducing into RT QS rewrite? New mechanics or a better performance on the mod.

Both.

There are long-standing issues in the mod, some of which I couldn't even reproduce, let alone not-blindly fix for good, and current basic architecture of it imposes a rather low performance ceiling - one which it pretty much hit a while ago. Couldn't make any of this better without major changes, so decided to completely rewrite it with the new things I've learned since creation of the original.

This presented an opportunity to re-imagine how the mod works at it's core. Original design is the way it is largely because I wanted to keep it as unobtrusive and non-invasive as possible, and that limited what I could do greatly. Now, with tools such as Harmony, greater things are possible.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Ratys on December 11, 2017, 05:56:16 AM
Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 10, 2017, 07:33:08 PM

Both.

There are long-standing issues in the mod, some of which I couldn't even reproduce, let alone not-blindly fix for good, and current basic architecture of it imposes a rather low performance ceiling - one which it pretty much hit a while ago. Couldn't make any of this better without major changes, so decided to completely rewrite it with the new things I've learned since creation of the original.

This presented an opportunity to re-imagine how the mod works at it's core. Original design is the way it is largely because I wanted to keep it as unobtrusive and non-invasive as possible, and that limited what I could do greatly. Now, with tools such as Harmony, greater things are possible.

I'm always in for a from the scratch mod rewrite, usually mod creators learn a lot while they make their mods and later they realize they could've done better things, so this is great!
If I get it correctly, I can create a freezer that stores all my food with no access to the exterior as the items "aren't" there but instead they're in another room, and have a "relay" that allows my pawns to access this food. Am I right?

Harry_Dicks

Having never tried out Quantum Storage, this is definitely one of my most anticipated mods! Thank you for all of your hard work.

Canute

QuoteIf I get it correctly, I can create a freezer that stores all my food with no access to the exterior as the items "aren't" there but instead they're in another room, and have a "relay" that allows my pawns to access this food. Am I right?
Yes, the relay is a quantum teleport pad.
But it don't give a pawn access to the mainstorage.
It teleport the allowed/selected item on the relay pad, and surrounding item to the stockpile.
2 relay pads behind the cook, one for all meat, one for all vegs., can reduce the hauling for mats.
But the material on the relay don't got a cooling and still rot.

Ratys

Quote from: Canute on December 12, 2017, 03:04:05 AM
Yes, the relay is a quantum teleport pad.
But it don't give a pawn access to the mainstorage.
It teleport the allowed/selected item on the relay pad, and surrounding item to the stockpile.
2 relay pads behind the cook, one for all meat, one for all vegs., can reduce the hauling for mats.
But the material on the relay don't got a cooling and still rot.

That's how the old version works. "Remake" I've been teasing via gifs showcases proper access from a distance: pawns can pick up all items in the stockpile while adjacent to the relay, and send items back to the stockpile by inserting them into the relay, no extra stockpile zones needed. Fully integrated into pathing systems, of course: if a colonist can get an item that's 10m away from a relay that's 5m away, they'll navigate to the relay, etc; it was harder to implement than it may sound.

It's one of the most dramatic consequences of how the new architecture works (that I got working so far, that is). Due to zealous internal decoupling it's possible to easily mix and match various storage types (ie, classic quantum stockpiles, deep storage, etc), introduce new ones, and even chain and nest them. For example, inserting steel into a relay tuned to an array of quantum stockpiles that has a connected deep storage set to store steel will send that steel to the deep storage first.