[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Sounds like a mix of Kiame's Textile storage and Quantum storage.

firestrock

I can't express how grateful I am that you are working on this what sounds like an awesome overhaul!
I haven't played Rimworld in over 6 months because I can't live without quantum storage anymore.

To say that I'm hyped would be an understatement. Keep at it, but take your time!

evilbob

hello i use RT Fuse a18 mod , and BigBatteries so i have 3 x GIGAEfficientBattery (100000Wd).
My problem is the following After a power cut, I will lose all of my stored energy because Circuit breaker is not built to protect against such high energy losses. Would it be possible to provide new type Circuit breaker which would be able to protect 400 - 500k Wd

Harry_Dicks

Ratys

TryB4Buy

The solar flare mod works for all electric buildings except the comms console which still says "cannot use (solar flare)". Anyways, I love this mod!

Dodging Rain

Quote from: TryB4Buy on January 07, 2018, 01:53:29 PM
The solar flare mod works for all electric buildings except the comms console which still says "cannot use (solar flare)".

It did say in the game description that radio communication still doesn't work, I believe.

Ratys

Quote from: Dodging Rain on January 07, 2018, 07:50:23 PM
The solar flare mod works for all electric buildings except the comms console which still says "cannot use (solar flare)".

It did say in the game description that radio communication still doesn't work, I believe.

Exactly, it's intentional. Wasn't completely trivial to implement, either.

Jdalt40

Quote from: evilbob on December 19, 2017, 07:04:54 PM
hello i use RT Fuse a18 mod , and BigBatteries so i have 3 x GIGAEfficientBattery (100000Wd).
My problem is the following After a power cut, I will lose all of my stored energy because Circuit breaker is not built to protect against such high energy losses. Would it be possible to provide new type Circuit breaker which would be able to protect 400 - 500k Wd

Spdskatr already made an addon to account for this

TryB4Buy

Quote from: Ratys on January 07, 2018, 10:11:40 PM
Quote from: Dodging Rain on January 07, 2018, 07:50:23 PM

Exactly, it's intentional. Wasn't completely trivial to implement, either.
I see. I was just confused because strangers in need of aid still 'radio' you during a solar flare, etc. in the base game. Perhaps this should be a mod option, firstly?

I used this mod to play with a permanent solar flare scenario. Basically, if forces some interesting tech deviations. Secondly, I had to not require the additional research bench. But unfortunately I have to edit the save file to temporarily 'turn off' that part of the scenario because the shield doesn't work if built during a flare -- even with a fueled generator right next to it! Perhaps that could be a third option/change?

Fourthly, can switches be made to work during solar eclipses (they are just a wire separation, really) so that you could put a battery between one and lone wind mill to charge them even if they are otherwise unusable?

Ratys

Oof, owie.

30.08.19 CHANGELOG:

• RT Fuse: updated to B19, handled no-battery short - now a single fuse or breaker will prevent the fire.
  • RT Solar Flare Shield: updated to B19, added new textures by LastXsile (I'm sorry it took so long!).
  • RT Power Switch: updated to B19.

You may notice that RT Quantum Storage is, once again, missing from the list - and from the main post, for that matter. This is exactly what it looks like: I'm discontinuing the mod.

For the past couple of years, I've been moving away from C# and towards Rust, and going back is a terrible chore that nets me exactly nothing. The amount of effort I have to expend for said nothing is much better applied elsewhere, so I've moved on.

The codebase and assets are still up, if anyone would consider taking up the torch, but I won't provide any support, comments, or explanation. By now, you'd be better off recreating it from scratch.

I will continue supporting and updating my other mods (possibly with exception of Bricks Don't Vanish, because the demand is abysmal and I can't be bothered to debug the transpiler NREs that popped out of nowhere) until at least RimWorld 1.0 - hopefully, none of the mods will require any kind of updating past that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Ratys

Apparently, previous changelog was from about a year into the future! (I am not fixing that.)

17.10.18 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: updated to 1.0, touched up description, made compatible with Fluffy's Mod Manager, updated preview.

As always, please report any problems that might crop up. Happy launch day, and, a special round of congratulations to Tynan & Co!

Jiro

Fuses got added to Power Logic recently, can I expect conflicts?

bigheadzach

In name, they did, but the fuses of Power Logic function differently from that of RT Fuses.