[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von_Gunter

Hi guys! Recently i've built my solar shield, but when solar flare appears, the shield simply doesn't work (there's a "lightning icon" above the shield like other electric devices have when affected by solar flare). It doesn't consume 25000w or produces heat like it should do. I double checked everything, everything seems correct. What can it be?

Ratys

Quote from: von_Gunter on February 09, 2021, 04:12:08 AM
Hi guys! Recently i've built my solar shield, but when solar flare appears, the shield simply doesn't work (there's a "lightning icon" above the shield like other electric devices have when affected by solar flare). It doesn't consume 25000w or produces heat like it should do. I double checked everything, everything seems correct. What can it be?

Interaction with other mods, and/or user error. Post your logs and some screenshots of your shield setup.

von_Gunter

Ratys

von_Gunter

Finally I've encountered with another solar flare for you to make logs.
Though I'm 100% stupid at programming, but I tried to read the log by trying to find the key word "solar flare" in it. Could it be the problem?
I found the following:
XML error: Could not find parent node named "HitechMultiBase" for node "ResearchProjectDef". Full node: <ResearchProjectDef ParentName="HitechMultiBase"><defName>ResearchProject_RTMagneticShield</defName><label>solar flare shielding</label><description>Allows construction of a magnetic shield to protect electric devices in the entire colony from solar flares.

Also I attached the logs.

Ratys

Quote from: von_Gunter on February 12, 2021, 11:54:02 AM

You can trigger a solar flare with the debug menu on the world map, I'm pretty sure.

Right. The logs tell me that nothing should be wrong with my mod, you're running an old version of it, you have a lot of unrelated errors, something (SK mods?) is trying to butcher my mod, and in general your game looks like one of those messy mod packs that somehow sometimes broke things they barely touched. I don't know what to advise here.

Show me a screenshot of your base (I need to see your power lines, status of the power network, and the shield) so we can eliminate user error, then try swapping whatever version of the mod you're running with a fresh one (the freshest one - it supports all RimWorld versions between 1.0 and 1.2). This will probably break something else, because something is depending on my mod for some reason, but it's the correct thing to do.

Canute

QuoteYou can trigger a solar flare with the debug menu on the world map, I'm pretty sure.
Try it ! :-)
It isn't anymore at the incident (map) list.

von_Gunter,
i think Ratys is right do you use The HCSK modpack ?
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK
Then it is better you ask at the HCSK discord about it, because they use a custom version of the Solar shield mod. These modpack is very unique compared to regular mods.

But since you are using Rimworld 1.1 i don't think they can do anything because they allready released a version for 1.2 and i don't see any archive for 1.1.

Ratys

Quote from: Canute on February 13, 2021, 03:29:22 AM
Try it ! :-)
It isn't anymore at the incident (map) list.

Because it's a world incident. Go to world map, debug actions, then "Do incident (World)...", and there it is.

Canute

Doh, yeah i never went to the worldmap to check the debug actions, so i never notice the Do incident (World).

von_Gunter

Quote from: Ratys on February 13, 2021, 03:22:19 AM
Quote from: von_Gunter on February 12, 2021, 11:54:02 AM

You can trigger a solar flare with the debug menu on the world map, I'm pretty sure.

Right. The logs tell me that nothing should be wrong with my mod, you're running an old version of it, you have a lot of unrelated errors, something (SK mods?) is trying to butcher my mod, and in general your game looks like one of those messy mod packs that somehow sometimes broke things they barely touched. I don't know what to advise here.

Show me a screenshot of your base (I need to see your power lines, status of the power network, and the shield) so we can eliminate user error, then try swapping whatever version of the mod you're running with a fresh one (the freshest one - it supports all RimWorld versions between 1.0 and 1.2). This will probably break something else, because something is depending on my mod for some reason, but it's the correct thing to do.

Thanks guys for you replies!
I'm using modpack from the knows russian mode project Hardcore-SK. Basically this is my 3rd time using their modpack over the last 5 years and this is the only time I've encounteres with solar shield problem.
I'll post some screenshots of my base, but to be honest I don't want to change anything in my modepack rimworld not to destroy the game completely. May be I will try to install the latest version of solar shield mode. Can you give me the link where i can download it?

p.s. I wrote a few messages and created a new topic on hardcore-sk forum but it seems like it is no longer so popular nowadays, because after 10 days of my messages noone applied me yet.

Canute

Before you download it (links are at the first posting) and install it, i would suggest you ask at the Discord channel of HCSK about it if they got some ideas.
The modpack changed many thing, and the devs of that modpack adjust all mod's they integrated, there isn't a garantee that the regular mod would work.

Ratys

What do you know, it keeps happening.

2021-07-19 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: now compatible with RimWorld 1.0 through 1.3, with or without DLCs.
  • That's it. Go have fun.

Ratys

It keeps happ- I made that joke last time, didn't I.

2022-10-21 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: now compatible with RimWorld 1.4, with or without DLCs.

Слава Україні!