[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

Quote from: Ratys on June 20, 2015, 06:10:26 AM
Heh, yeah... Sorry about that, folks! That's why playtesting things is important, and why I love feedback. Anyway:

20.06.15 CHANGELOG:

• RT Storage: fixed an error when building (or loading a game with) stockpiles and warehouses not on storage zones.
  • RT Storage: handled a few cases when building warehouses, now it should be possible to build a warehouse first, then designate storage zone underneath it.
  • RT Storage: added a skip for non-warehouse-connected stockpiles, so that they don't try to find a warehouse in their zone quite as often, resulting in substantially less lag.
Awesome, will be checking it out soon. Really like the sounds of substantially less lag. :)

Asero

nmid

I am not sure if I have RT Storage v1.3.2 or RT Storage v1.3.1.
Please update the \RT Storage\About\about.xml version number in your next patch please... ty! :)

I just redownloaded the file, so it solved my problem :p
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Vas

Curious, how come you don't just make RT Storage combine stacks to make one large stack? :P  I remember a mod that did that a long while back (not intentionally) that made a stack of 1000 steel.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Ratys

Quote from: Vas on July 01, 2015, 01:42:44 AM
Curious, how come you don't just make RT Storage combine stacks to make one large stack? :P  I remember a mod that did that a long while back (not intentionally) that made a stack of 1000 steel.

Pawns will grab that entire stack if they want to, enabling silly feats like delivering construction resources to hundreds of walls in one go. Also, multiple stacks in a cell also means it's possible to store non-stackable items compactly.

Originally, I had quantum storage and deep storage in the mod, the latter doing what you described. Decided to let it go after seeing an old frail dude with bad back carry a literal ton of steel at once.

Quote from: Canute on July 01, 2015, 03:33:09 AM
He changed that because of the many different stacking sizes.
1000 silver wouldn't be much, but 1000 metal slag's would be to much.

Not entirely correct. I was scaling stack size properly for the huge stacks, it's not too hard. Real reason is the pawns thing; if I ever see that fixed on AI level (it might have been already) we'll probably see the return of deep storage. If I can figure out a situation where it's better than quantum storage, that is.

... You've reminded me of a still-missing feature: deep storage for chunks. It's different, probably closer to Mechanical Defence 2 deep storage.

Fact

What materials are used in making the fuse boxes? doesnt work in 11b just hangs and your stuck trying to place it.

harpo99999

Quote from: Fact on July 06, 2015, 08:23:24 PM
What materials are used in making the fuse boxes? doesnt work in 11b just hangs and your stuck trying to place it.
the basic fuse is steel only, the advanced one needs plasteel and steel

atari

Hi there, let me thank you first for making one of my absolute favourite mods for rimworld: THANK YOU!

Now here's what I did with your Alpha 10 version of this mod: I had quantum warehouses all over the map with stockpiles taking almost anything, for every one of them a relay also pulling everything to a central hub-qtw on a stockpile taking anything. Lastly specific arrays of stockpiles, a warehouse and an attached relay now pulling just what the specific end-stockpile would take.
Every stockpile and relay was set to the same priority and it worked like a charm to autosort my stuff.
Here's screenshots that might clarify: https://imgur.com/a/Puskx#0

Now I tried to build the same with Alpha11 but somehow there's either a pulling loop between hub and end-stockpile if I leave everything on the same priority level or it works more or less when I cascadize priorities so that the end stockpile has the highest priority but that means, of course that my pawns don't use the stockpiles closest to them but walk over the whole map to haul stuff directly to the final stockpile.

Is what I try still possible? Should I do something differently?
Thanks!

PS: Should I crosspost this to the ultimate overhaul modpack thread? I'm not sure my problems are only due to your mod.

hairlessOrphan

Quote from: atari on July 17, 2015, 11:23:19 AM
Now I tried to build the same with Alpha11 but somehow there's either a pulling loop between hub and end-stockpile if I leave everything on the same priority level or it works more or less when I cascadize priorities so that the end stockpile has the highest priority but that means, of course that my pawns don't use the stockpiles closest to them but walk over the whole map to haul stuff directly to the final stockpile.

It sounds like it's because the relay-push and relay-pull jobs are conflicting.

Personally, I solved this by not having stockpiles around the end-points. I just use 2x2 relays as the end-point. Conveniently, this lets me setup trade beacons around the central warehouse. Everything is for sale.

But I think this could be fixed if Ratys added a setting on relays to set its mode to push-only, pull-only, or both...?

atari

QuoteBut I think this could be fixed if Ratys added a setting on relays to set its mode to push-only, pull-only, or both...?
Ok, so relays in A10 only pulled stuff and now they are bidirectional?

InfiniteRemnant

Thorbane

Relays seem to be somewhat bugged in A11c, they will only pull certain items.

Edit:  Without Superior Crafting they will pull chunks, but leave the sprite for them where they were in the stockpile until they are moved by a pawn.  With Superior Crafting chunks, raw materials added by SC, and mechanoid corpses cannot be pulled by relays.

Cebullus

Quote from: Thorbane on August 01, 2015, 01:55:38 PM

It seems the relays dont look through the stacks on the stockpiles and/or warehouses, only the stack directly on the quantum stockpile or warehouse seems to be pullable.

Example: Small quantum stockpile (connected to a warehouse of course) has 75 steel ore and on top of that 20 wood. If i setup a relay to pull steel ore its working nicely, if i set it up to pull wood nothing happens.

Cebullus

Quote from: Cebullus on August 18, 2015, 11:48:19 PM

It seems the relays dont look through the stacks on the stockpiles and/or warehouses, only the stack directly on the quantum stockpile or warehouse seems to be pullable.

Example: Small quantum stockpile (connected to a warehouse of course) has 75 steel ore and on top of that 20 wood. If i setup a relay to pull steel ore its working nicely, if i set it up to pull wood nothing happens.

I think i identified the problem and made a quick fix for it, seems to be working just fine for me:

RT Storage 1.3.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4m32d5h5qdx5p1/RTStorage-1.3.3.rar?dl=0

RT Storage 1.3.3 - Source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt4oc4as160xlod/RTStorage-1.3.3_source.rar?dl=0

Changes: CompRTQuantumRelay.cs - line 344:

if (!parentCell.Accepts(stockpileThings[i], true)
        || stockpileCell.Priority() > parentCell.Priority())
   {
         break;
   }

replaced with:

if (stockpileCell.Priority() > parentCell.Priority())
   {
        break;
   }
if (!parentCell.Accepts(stockpileThings[i], true))
   {
        continue;
   }

Ninefinger

Quote from: Cebullus on August 20, 2015, 08:11:53 PM
Quote from: Cebullus on August 18, 2015, 11:48:19 PM

I think i identified the problem and made a quick fix for it, seems to be working just fine for me:

RT Storage 1.3.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4m32d5h5qdx5p1/RTStorage-1.3.3.rar?dl=0

RT Storage 1.3.3 - Source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt4oc4as160xlod/RTStorage-1.3.3_source.rar?dl=0

Changes: CompRTQuantumRelay.cs - line 344:

if (!parentCell.Accepts(stockpileThings[i], true)
        || stockpileCell.Priority() > parentCell.Priority())
   {
         break;
   }

replaced with:

if (stockpileCell.Priority() > parentCell.Priority())
   {
        break;
   }
if (!parentCell.Accepts(stockpileThings[i], true))
   {
        continue;
   }

Thank you for making the fix, however for anyone who is wanting to use this update that is not using the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack and only wanting jsut this mod will have to use only the Assembly dll file since the defs are my modified versions suited for my modpack.