[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheet4h

Quote from: Lupin III on September 25, 2015, 09:23:56 AM
Quote from: Cheet4h on September 25, 2015, 08:26:15 AM
Hey, I've got a question:

I've got two stockpiles where I mainly use Quantum Warehouses:

My freezer, which is adjacent to a cooled, but not freezing kitchen and a general stockpile for degenerating goods, like weapons and apparel.

I have pretty much the same setup, but none of the issues. Are you sure your stockpile area is also underneath the quantum stockpiles? My main freezer (important priority) for example is hooked up to several relays. Some near farms with a stockpile around them (also important priority), the relay itself is set to low priority and all times cleared so no items appear on it. And then I have relays without any stockpile area for dispensing items like raw foods in the kitchen and meals in farther off gathering rooms or cells (sometimes within a 1x1 room with its own cooling to avoid rot). The priority for these relays is set to critical, so it is always filled. A relay only has one stack on it btw (but I don't know if colonists are intelligent enough to pick the "oldest" food of the stack first). Colonists have no problems picking up stuff from the freezer quantum stockpiles (like lavish meals, which I don't have any dispensing relay for). I also have some food tray racks (from omnistorage) with higher priority than the freezer. The always get filled up.

Alright, I wanted to check if I did something wrong, but I cannot figure out what. Since I don't have meat currently and no muffalo herd is nearby, I tried this with Packaged Survival Meals. I created a new stockpile set to only accept PSMs with critical priority. There are two stacks of PSMs in my freezer, one of which (containing 5 units) is in a Quantum Stockpile, the other (3 units) lying around in the open. The stack of 3 units gets carried to the critical stockpile, the other not. The context menu contains entries to consume the 5 stacks of corn, 2 stacks of potatoes and the PSM, but only the corn and potatoes get a "cannot haul (no empty place configured to store it)" greyed out entry.

Interestingly, this either only applies to certain items or has to do with stack depth. I've observed a pawn taking an artillery shell from a QS to a different stockpile and with a short test, herbal medicine gets carried out of my freezer QSs. I'll check back later after a siege or two if this applies to all PSMs or only those in specific places.

On another note, after reading from you that Quantum Relays only contain a single stack, I set one up to receive fine meals. The meal was drawn from the stockpile, but my colonists insist on carrying them back to the freezer, even when I increased the priority of the QR to important or critical. The priority of my freezer is set to "normal".

Edit:
I removed the QR and put a stockpile back in it's place, set to accept simple meals and fine meals at "preferred". I have stacks of both in my freezer in quantum stockpiles. My pawns don't haul the meals to the stockpile and I can't force them via the context menu :/

Edit 2:
I was able to acquire a large stockpile of warg, muffalo and elephant meat. Most got hauled into the kitchen meat stockpile without problem, but for some reason they left ~300 units of warg meat in the quantum stockpile. I'm not sure if they hauled warg meat at all, maybe that was all that I had in quantum stockpiles. Only way to get it into the kitchen was to temporarily remove the freezer stockpile over the QSs.

Lupin III

Quote from: Cheet4h on September 25, 2015, 05:13:38 PM
The context menu contains entries to consume the 5 stacks of corn, 2 stacks of potatoes and the PSM, but only the corn and potatoes get a "cannot haul (no empty place configured to store it)" greyed out entry.
If you don't get an entry to haul something it means there isn't any higher priority place configured to accept that.

I have to admit though, my praise that the mod works without issues was a little bit premature ;) and I now see some things are off, that are similar to what Cheet4h is seeing. One example: I have a large main stockpile (contains 31 normal and a few small QSs plus a warehouse) for everything except food and gear. I there is a stockpile that has one stack of synthread on it and nothing else, and another stockpile that has two stacks of synthread on it and nothing else (on both QS there is other stuff on the other 3 tiles of the stockpile). When I select a colonist and rightclick on these stacks I get no menu at all for the single stack, but I get a single entry menu ("cannot haul synthread, no empty place configured") for the tile where there's two stacks on top of each other. Similar stuff happens for other multistack tiles. Which items get an entry in the menu and which don't seems almost random.

Another problem I have comes with QSs configured to hold weapons or apparel. First If I would like to tell a colonist to equip a weapon I get only a single "equip ..." entry even if there are multiple weapons on the tile. For which item the entry appears seems random again (if I click through the items on a tile, it's not necessarily the first or last item). Also colonists seem not to be able to pick any weapon/apparel out of the pile on their own to put it in an equipment rack with higher priority for example. I also don't get all the haul entries for all the gear on the stack (I get some). Incidentially the one which I have empty equipment racks configured for are always missing, while some (but not all) of the other gear that has the same stockpile as only stockpile available on the map gets a "cannot haul ... (no empty place configured)". So in essence I can't get to my weapons at all unless I "equip" and "drop" until I get to the weapon I want.

EDIT:
I restarted the game (for no special reason; just had something to do in the meantime) loaded up the exact same savegame I used to describe the previous behaviour and now the menu entries to haul stuff to the equipment racks are there (still only one "equip" entry though). The game hasn't run a single tick (was paused while checking out the entries and I have a mod that loads a game paused). I also didn't change any mods. Weird...

doujinftw

For some reason the colonist refuse to use the items in the quantum storage is this normal?

LanMc

Quote from: doujinftw on October 30, 2015, 02:17:26 AM
For some reason the colonist refuse to use the items in the quantum storage is this normal?

No, it's not...  My colonists access items in Quantum Storage all the time. 

I have no idea why your's aren't.   :(
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

doujinftw

Quote from: LanMc on October 30, 2015, 03:56:28 PM

Yeh it really wierd my colonist refuse to use the item in the stock pile for cooking and they wont even eat the raw food in the pile which cause them to starve i have to deconstruct the quantum storage for them to start using it again didnt even notice it till i i try to build mai and for some reason they wont pull the silver in the quantim stock pile to place in the ai crafting table.

TLHeart

Quote from: doujinftw on October 30, 2015, 04:08:57 PM

Yeh it really wierd my colonist refuse to use the item in the stock pile for cooking and they wont even eat the raw food in the pile which cause them to starve i have to deconstruct the quantum storage for them to start using it again didnt even notice it till i i try to build mai and for some reason they wont pull the silver in the quantim stock pile to place in the ai crafting table.

pulling the silver to the AI crafting table, for MAI, the stockpile must not be set to critical, or the ingredients needed will never be transferred to the station.

doujinftw

Quote from: TLHeart on October 30, 2015, 05:51:59 PM

pulling the silver to the AI crafting table, for MAI, the stockpile must not be set to critical, or the ingredients needed will never be transferred to the station.
The stock is at default i never set critical for storage

starburst98

post your mod order. maybe something weird is interacting?

LanMc

Quote from: doujinftw on November 01, 2015, 07:24:49 PM
the stock is at default i never set critical for storage

Ditto.

Quote from: starburst98 on November 02, 2015, 03:01:55 AM
post your mod order. maybe something weird is interacting?

Yes, a listing would at least give us a better chance to chase down what's going on.
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Milso

OK kind of a strange issue may be a bug may be something i'm doing.
i have a relay next to my crafting station set to pull items from my warehouse. Works great.
Problem is my haulers keep grabbing items from the relay and taking them back to the warehouse. I set priority of relay higher then storage but they still seem to pull from relay and run it back over and over.

kazuma6666

Thanks for this mod.
I'm using the varietypack and I had no problem with quantum storage. I never used the "pull" only push at the moment. I wasn't aware of the possibility probably because I didn't read attentively enough the description.
This storage method allows complex arrangement and is very interesting :)

Edit :
So I've been playing around with this.

This is my setup :

I'll explain the flow of materials so you understand how I do things.
We get the steel from INPUT STEEL with the ore extractor (from another mod, it creates steel ore). It then get ported to SORTING. From SORTING it goes to OVERFLOW, steel ore on the left, and steel bars on the right (this will be important later). From there it goes to MAIN, steel ore on the top, steel bars on the bottom. We get a level of priority added for each room for the warehouses. SORTING is normal, OVERFLOW is preferred, and MAIN is important.

Finally, we get to the workshop. There we have a relay set to draw steel ore from the MAIN steel ore warehouse. This is set to critical. We have a second relay configured to the SORTING warehouse with nothing selected and low priority. This way when we get steel bars in the stockpile next to it, the steel bars are ported to the SORTING, then OVERFLOW then MAIN.

When MAIN is full, the bars will still be ported to overflow, this way you can add quantum stockpiles to the overflow and have a good reserve. But each time we draw from the MAIN storage, it gets refilled.

It is important to note that the SORTING, MAIN and OVERFLOW rooms are completely cut off from the rest of the base. There is no doors to these rooms, so nobody will haul anything there. This is important for complete version which I will explain next.

This is a small scale proof of concept I did before doing the full scale which will have a MAIN and OVERFLOW storage for every resource that I regularly use, and probably a dump for the rest.
The SORTING part can accept every resource on normal so you can put relays anywhere with low priority for resources. This way, resources will get ported to SORTING and be put in the system. I intend to put one next to the fields for example, to minimize hauling time. You don't need a freezer next to the kitchen anymore either. With a cooled kitchen and a few relays, you'll have anything you want.
There can only be one resource by MAIN warehouse, because otherwise you risk filling up the warehouse with one and not have the other available when you want to draw from it.
This example is fully functional :

This guy will craft all day then eat and go to sleep. Not much fun and it is quite hot in the crafting room since I blocked the cooler with my ore generator:).

Please comment, especially if you think some things can be done better.

toric

ATM, the fuses seem a bit unbalanced, as 2 makeshift fuses dissipate more power in the same space, and as long as you have 2 makeshift fuses per 5 batteries, they will never burn out... maybe a buff to advanced fuses?

T-Wrecks

Hey man,

Your quantum stockpile mod is throwing up this error all the time and it is making my game somewhat unplayable.

I will post the error:

Getting random element from empty collection.
Verse.Log:Warning(string)
Verse.GenCollection:RandomElement(IEnumerable'1)
RTStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay:QuantumRelayTick(Int32)
RTStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay:CompTick()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Tick()
Verse.TickList()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.RootMap:Update()

Note that I wrote the error out by hand because I am not certain you can copy it to clipboard. If the syntax is wrong thats probably my fault, but it should still make sense.

Please help me fix! I have spent a fair bit of time on my current fortress and your mod is a huge part of that. I really don't want to take it out.

Ratys

Quote from: T-Wrecks on February 09, 2016, 07:45:34 AM
-snip-

Well, this doesn't happen in a new install, so I'll need a list of mods you're running, and probably your save as well. Meanwhile, try, as Canute said, fiddling with the load order, then start taking out mods one by one.

BMS

Yeh it really wierd my colonist refuse to use the item in the stock pile for cooking
this
Cooking always breaks for me i dunno why - i had to switch to a different storage method for strawberrys and such - never steel or wood or cloth but always stuff required for cooking - ill run out of food and ill look and my guy will be stuck in the corner like he cant decide what food to get draft undraft and he will kick in for a day or so then back to the corner

edit:: greatest mod ever - fantastic work and this slight issue belonging to you or not doesnt even scratch the paint on this beast
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.