[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

We could detour but whatRatys has done is what I would do (simply override the incident def), only the comp is ever needed (to check how full and when emptying the network of power maybe) having any building class in there is just not required a far as I can tell, may have a look at this later.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nematrec

Mind if I make a suggestion for the fuses mod?

With the new a13 repair mechanics, makeshift fuses shouldn't be outright destroyed anymore. Rather they should be broken and require steel to repair.

Second you could make the higher tier fuses into breakers, rather than needing repairs after absorbing the short, they turn off and need to be turned on back on by someone with the 'flicker' job.

Ratys

07.04.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Storage: updated to A13, changed research requirements to better fit within all-new vanilla researches, changed building costs to include new components material.

New RT Fusebox version is coming too, don't worry. As Nematrec has noted, there are some new(-ish?) core mechanics that render the current way fuseboxes work kind of odd.

Ratys

08.04.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Fusebox: updated to A13, changed research requirements to better fit within all-new vanilla researches, changed building costs to include new components material, changed how fuses mitigate discharge: basic ones will require repairs with a component, advanced will need to be manually switched on by a colonist (the order is placed automatically after the fuse trips).
  • RT Fusebox: MapComponent injector doesn't work with A13, so reverting back to ResearchModSpecial use.
  • RT Fusebox: Fixed non-Building_Battery batteries throwing exceptions, now uses half of their energy (attempting to find balance between completely vanilla behavior and people adding custom battery buildings to cinrcumvent the energy drain).

darkedone02

I've tried out your mods, I like the quantum storage and wonder what's the max capacity for this?

it be nice if we can make better fusebox that increase the amount that they can mitigate, I've build about 4-6 and sadly a huge explosion has happen because of the low mitigation.

Also As of 4/8/2016, i think your magnetic shields are not working as intended, I'm in a middle of a solar flare activate, and all power has been turned off, and your magnetic shield is not working at all, it's not starting on and asking for power....

Ratys

Quote from: darkedone02 on April 08, 2016, 09:15:01 PM
I've tried out your mods, I like the quantum storage and wonder what's the max capacity for this?

Says right there in bottom left panel when you select a storage device. 4 stacks per tile initially, can be upgraded via research up to 8 stacks per tile; relays are 1 stack per tile always.

Quote from: darkedone02 on April 08, 2016, 09:15:01 PM
it be nice if we can make better fusebox that increase the amount that they can mitigate, I've build about 4-6 and sadly a huge explosion has happen because of the low mitigation.

Also As of 4/8/2016, i think your magnetic shields are not working as intended, I'm in a middle of a solar flare activate, and all power has been turned off, and your magnetic shield is not working at all, it's not starting on and asking for power....

My initial playtests way back when have shown that one fuse per about three batteries is a decent balance; I'm actually playing the game right now, for once, and it still seems to hold. You're free to tweak the defs to your liking, though: find the line <surgeMitigation>3000</surgeMitigation>, and change the number to whichever you want (1000 per battery you want to cover by a single fuse).

Looking at your picture, you're playing with godmode enabled, which might mean that you didn't actually research the solar shield (or the fuses, for that matter) as intended. You absolutely have to finish every devices respective research for it to work! It runs a ResearchModSpecial function that does all the magic overrides.

Although, even I had really rare instances where that didn't quite work for no reason whatsoever, saving and reloading the game after completing the research fixes that. I have an idea how to make it more robust, plus a few other minor things that cropped up during actual play, so might put out an update after the weekend - when more people got to play and have reported issues.

falcongrey

Noticing an odd error when I turn the Fusebox and or Storage on. The language flag on the main menu screen turns to a big red X. Clicking on it still gives the same language selection menu but other than that I don't see any other flaws yet. But then, haven't started a game yet.

Another mod, unofficial PSI update to A13 is also throwing this odd error when turned on.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

spoderman_spoody

I just wanted to state for the record that this is in fact my favorite two mods ever

Ratys

Quote from: falcongrey on April 09, 2016, 03:27:34 PM
Noticing an odd error when I turn the Fusebox and or Storage on. The language flag on the main menu screen turns to a big red X. Clicking on it still gives the same language selection menu but other than that I don't see any other flaws yet. But then, haven't started a game yet.

Another mod, unofficial PSI update to A13 is also throwing this odd error when turned on.

Yes, I've seen that, wasn't even aware it's my fault (in case of my mods anyway). I have no idea what's going on there, sorry.

Quote from: spoderman_spoody on April 10, 2016, 10:59:55 AM
I just wanted to state for the record that this is in fact my favorite two mods ever

Thanks! Always glad to see people enjoying my work.

And here's the main thing!

12.04.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Fusebox: fixed MapComponent duplication (cures existing saves, too), minor polish.
  • RT Storage: near total rewrite, now much more optimized and robust; behavior is mostly the same. Compatible with old saves.
  • RT Storage: added quantum chunk silos! They work like quantum stockpiles but with chunks, and since the game doesn't like having multiple chunks on a cell any chunks beyond the first one are 'deep-stored' within the device, to be automatically ejected when there's space. They work with warehouses and relays, too: any quantum stockpile will store chunks in a chunk silo connected to the same warehouse, and relays will send and receive chunks as expected.

As always, even though I test thoroughly: I might have overlooked something, the faster you report it the faster I can fix it. Have fun!

Fisty

Thank you so much..  I had been playing so long with a huge mod pack that I forget fuses weren't actually in the vanilla game, it's been driving me nuts.

Ratys

15.04.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Storage: added proper handling for several warehouse conditions, like single-device warehouse self-defrag and items being placed on chunk silos by colonists.
  • RT Storage: implemented a way for the quantum warehouse to switch from acting like a stockpile to acting like a chunk silo - once the silos are researched warehouses will gain a new button. Once clicked a colonist will be called to flick the switch. When switching from chunk silo mode back to stockpile mode any contained chunks will be spewed out!

falcongrey

Quote from: Ratys on April 15, 2016, 10:24:48 AM
15.04.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Storage: added proper handling for several warehouse conditions, like single-device warehouse self-defrag and items being placed on chunk silos by colonists.
  • RT Storage: implemented a way for the quantum warehouse to switch from acting like a stockpile to acting like a chunk silo - once the silos are researched warehouses will gain a new button. Once clicked a colonist will be called to flick the switch. When switching from chunk silo mode back to stockpile mode any contained chunks will be spewed out!

Woot! Awesome and thanks for all the hard work on these mods!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.