[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrob

I just tested it in A14, and it seems to work, except the component resource is broken. I edited the XML and changed the resource to gold and it seems to have worked. Not sure why the component resource is broken (I'm not a very good coder).

kaptain_kavern

It's just because in A14

<Components></Components> became <Component></Component>.

After that it's just a matter of update the ResearchProjectDefs XML files (change <totalcost> to <baseCost> and add a  <techLevel> tag too - i choose  <techLevel>Spacer</techLevel> but i'm not sure what that'll do)

and after that it seem to work ;-)

But i guess Ratys is gonna update that soon  :P

Shabazza

A short note for compatibility: When having RT PowerSwitch AND Haplo's PowerSwitch installed,
the "Emergency power" mode does only safe and load correctly, when Haplo's PowerSwitch mod is loaded AFTER RT PowerSwitch.

Ratys

Quote from: Shabazza on July 20, 2016, 01:42:46 PM
A short note for compatibility: When having RT PowerSwitch AND Haplo's PowerSwitch installed,
the "Emergency power" mode does only safe and load correctly, when Haplo's PowerSwitch mod is loaded AFTER RT PowerSwitch.

Thanks for the heads up, added to main post. I'm still in the process of preparing updates and Workshop (and probably Nexus) releases, hence why no 'official changelog' yet.

Ratys

20.07.16 CHANGELOG:

• All RT Mods: updated to A14, added preview images to the donwload, now can be found on Steam Workshop.

Mrshilka

Heya Ratys,

I am having issues with the RT Fuse, I have the mod installed and am showing no errors but the Makeshift fuses are not stopping electrical faults.
I only have 2 batteries and 2000 max stored power but the fuse is not taking any damage nor is it stopping the item exploding.
The fuse is connected directly to the power network.

Prismaa

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 20, 2016, 07:35:12 PM
Heya Ratys,

I am having issues with the RT Fuse, I have the mod installed and am showing no errors but the Makeshift fuses are not stopping electrical faults.
I only have 2 batteries and 2000 max stored power but the fuse is not taking any damage nor is it stopping the item exploding.

I think this issue was before too, I don't remember which one fixes it, relaunching your game or using "reinstall at different location" option on said fuse(s)

Mrshilka

I had tried moving it but I will see what happens when I launch the game again later on, thanks for the advice.

Ratys

Yes, it's something I was trying to fix on multiple occasions yet it still crops up irregularly. Restarting RimWorld once after installing your very first fuse should fix and/or avoid that; adding this note to the main post.

From the things I've tried in order to get rid of this I can infer that the problem lies slightly beyond the scope I wish to touch with the mod, and requires arcane bovine excrement to resolve. Or I'm missing something trivial. Regardless, I'm out of the more elegant solutions, for now.

Mrshilka

A fix is a Fix  ;D  thanks for the mod Ratys! it is a Must have for this game in my books.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Prismaa on July 20, 2016, 09:02:30 PM
Quote from: Mrshilka on July 20, 2016, 07:35:12 PM
Heya Ratys,

I think this issue was before too, I don't remember which one fixes it, relaunching your game or using "reinstall at different location" option on said fuse(s)

In A13 I used the reinstall to get it working, haven't tried any mods yet - still exploring the a14 vanilla experience :)

Shabazza

Bug:
When reloading a safe game where a magnetic shield is already installed, the rotating parts graphic of the shield will turn into a pink box,
as if the texture is not being found upon loading the map.

Ratys

25.07.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Solar Flare Shield: fixed issue with the spinning top texture throwing errors when loading a colony.

Shabazza

Awesome! Thanks. I really love your mods.  ;D

MaxKnight

Do you know if there's any mod order or other conflicts out there with Quantum Storage?  I ask because for some reason the Quantum Stockpile research project isn't in the list at all.  I'm also using Fuses and Solar Flare Shield, and those are showing up in the list just fine.  Quantum Stockpile is in Help, so the mod is being loaded, and I think I remember the Quantum Chunk Storage research project being in the list, but locked out since the first Quantum Stockpile research is a prerequisite...

I've gone over to Steam, so I got the mod through Workshop.  I'll admit I'm using a number of mods in addition to yours, but the majority of these I had been using in A12 and A13 as well and had no problems with the research, so I'm a little stumped myself.  If you need them, I can list my mods and will even find a way to get the mod order as well if that will help.

Thank you!

Edit: Okay, I figured it out.  The help entry needs to be updated to express that Multi-Analyzer is needed, since it says all it needs is Microelectronic Basics and doesn't specify that it's Spacer tech level, thus not 2000 Research but 4000.  Apparently I'm blind and can't see the words Quantum Stockpile when it's greyed out and not where I expected it. >_>