[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Ratys on August 11, 2016, 10:22:49 AM
Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 11, 2016, 10:18:09 AM
That's great! Man, wish I knew that earlier. I had put a lot of effort into making nice banks of 3 batteries with a circuit breaker above them, and rerouting all my geothermals to enter the battery room first.

So that all doesn't matter, I can link it all up, add redundant power conduits and smack down batteries and circuit breakers anywhere?

Mechanically? Pretty much. Aesthetically? Only you can answer that.
The answer I was looking for. :) Thank you!

Lukxx

Hello Ratys! Is it possible to use one quantum relay and send both items and chunks to different locations?
I have this kind of setup going on for now:
First, chunks and minerals get mined in cuproPanda's quarry.

Afterwards chunks get relayed to the sorting area, there Haplo's hauling bots sort it out (some chunks for glass production, other for stone cutting)

The problem is, items need to get transported manually which is a pain when you try to automate everything...

Lukxx

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 23, 2016, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: Lukxx on August 23, 2016, 02:40:36 PM

Fixed that for you. :)
How did you do that? I've been trying to get it to work for 2 hours now... Thanks you!

Master Bucketsmith

I clicked on the button to quote you, so it would show me your BBCode tags and the url to what you wanted to show.
I realised that you were trying to show images with the  tags but you weren't using a URL to a picture directly, so that wouldn't work.
So, I opened up the prntscrn webpage you had them uploaded to.
Then, I right clicked on the image, and selected "copy image address".
I used that to fill in the tags.

For Imgur: same thing really, on that picture page, right click and copy image address. Alternatively, but this might not work on every site, you can click middle mouse button to open the picture in a new tab. That should always be just the picture, and thus it should give you the direct URL to the pic itself.

Lukxx

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 23, 2016, 02:54:04 PM
I clicked on the button to quote you, so it would show me your BBCode tags and the url to what you wanted to show.
I realised that you were trying to show images with the  tags but you weren't using a URL to a picture directly, so that wouldn't work.
So, I opened up the prntscrn webpage you had them uploaded to.
Then, I right clicked on the image, and selected "copy image address".
I used that to fill in the tags.

For Imgur: same thing really, on that picture page, right click and copy image address. Alternatively, but this might not work on every site, you can click middle mouse button to open the picture in a new tab. That should always be just the picture, and thus it should give you the direct URL to the pic itself.
I see, so i went through 2 sites, was going to use the third... And that all you have to do? Man I'm dumb... Thank you so much for explaining! ^^

Lukxx

Thank you Bucketsmith for the lesson!
Anyway, here's a fixed version of the question:
Hello Ratys! Is it possible to use one quantum relay and send both items and chunks to different locations?

Afterwards chunks get relayed to the sorting area, there Haplo's hauling bots sort it out (some chunks for glass production, other for stone cutting)

The problem is, items need to get transported manually which is a pain when you try to automate everything...

Master Bucketsmith

damnfan

Quote from: Lukxx on August 23, 2016, 03:04:57 PM
Thank you Bucketsmith for the lesson!
Anyway, here's a fixed version of the question:

I believe you can get it to sort for you by having a those relays all go to the same stockpile. Somewhat inefficient but make a 9x9 with a relay in the middle that sends resources to your desired stockpile. 4 relays on the four sides to send chunks to another.

Ratys

30.08.16 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: updated to A15, added Workshop ID to the download (for my own sake).

bomberchibbi

Hi Ratys,

I really love your Quantum stockpiles and I just recently fullyy understood how they work :). One thing I would like to be able to make that isn't possible as of yet is a field where crops are pulled automatically. This is currently impossible since growing and storage zones can't overlap and quantum storages just pull goods from stockpiling zones. Would it be possible to have an option to enable them pulling items from their list in their working radius, even if there is no stockpiling zone?

like this:

x x x
x x x
x x x

- green indicating a growing zone
- red indicating a small quantum stockpile with storage zone placed on top of it

If you could include that feature that would make the qs mod perfect for me. another maybe standalone modidea would be to have more priority levels for storage zones, similar to what fluffy does with his worktab mod. Also another Idea I had in my mind would be if it is possible to add qs only priorities, since currently you have to make the storage inaccessible for pawns for it to work properly on more complex chains. What you could have would be something like a priority that is called "qs-low"
or even better with numbers "qs-9". Pawns wouldn't touch those storage zones so they don't mess up your chains and normal priorities would be used by both pawns and qs chains normally.

I hope you like some of those ideas

greets bomber

Serenity

So you have to place the emergency power switch one apart from a battery, right? Otherwise it doesn't appear to connect. But that's how all switches behave I think :(

Ratys

Quote from: Serenity on September 07, 2016, 10:43:22 AM
So you have to place the emergency power switch one apart from a battery, right? Otherwise it doesn't appear to connect. But that's how all switches behave I think :(

Well, since the emergency power switch literally is the original power switch (with minimal code tacked on top of it), it will behave exactly as such (plus the automatic switching part, naturally). So yes, I suppose that cable stub is necessary, unless something was changed in core game since I created the mod.

disasteroid

Quote from: Serenity on September 07, 2016, 10:43:22 AM

i haven't seen this behavior. i try to run as little conduit as possible, with none in the battery rooms themselves. the switch does break the circuit when its turned off, is this what you're observing? that's intended--it's a literal circuit breaker.

Serenity

I think it didn't connect to even charge it. But as said, since it's the standard switch, I also had that issue with other devices like sun lamps.