[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuantumX

I could honestly say i would not play this game without Quantum Storage mod.. Thanks and great work...

virtia

I'm currently getting the following exception popping the debug log constantly:

Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumWarehouse1066241: System.ArgumentException: SplitOff with count <= 0
Parameter name: count

This seems to be related to stockpile balancing, as it first triggered on a recent expansion of my chunks stockpile, which added 12 new stockpiles onto a setup that had 1 Warehouse + 14 Stockpiles.  Specifically, this ticked a good thousand times in the first minute or so, then calmed down.  Now, it stays quiet until someone brings a new chunk to the pile (which happens all the time, thanks Quarries), at which point it inevitably fires again.

Plasmatic

Any chance to get wireless power updated? Loved that mod :)

Ratys

Quote from: Plasmatic on September 26, 2016, 10:48:37 AM

I... What? That's not my mod.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Ratys on September 26, 2016, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: Plasmatic on September 26, 2016, 10:48:37 AM

I... What? That's not my mod.

It's not? Hmm, why did I think it was? Sorry!

nguadien

Report error: I build 20 quantum stockpile + 1 quantum ware in my huge stockpile zone.

After stocking many items, I start to notice my colonist not hauling any more items to my stockpile zone.

Even though many quantum stockpiles and my stockpile zone has a lot of free space, colonist stop gathering any goods until I make a new stockpile zone elsewhere.

It all seems ok until the same error happened again, and this time even when I make a new stockpile zone, no more items are stored or hauled.

So I tried to survive with all the items I stored, but my colonist refuse to regconize all the items stored in the quantum stockpiles. They will NOT grab items in those, and will NOT add items to any stockpiles.

Any idea how can I continue surviving?

Canute

Quantum storage don't hide or store stuff in a magical place, it still should be there just stacked up.
Try if you can click through the stacks at the storages. If this works fine i think the QT storages workes fine.

Maybe you changed the allowed area and the storage is now outside ?

asquirrel

I hooked the fuses up this way and my batteries exploded.  How am I supposed to hook them up?  Put all three batteries together and then stack the fuse box on top of it without any wire?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Canute

Hehe from the technical side i thought the same at the beginning like you. But from the gameplay side it doesn't matter how the batteries and fuses are connected so long they are connected to the same powernetwork.

Each fuse absorb 3000W of energy and each battery store 1000W.
We see 6 batteries and 2 fuses it should be enough, except you store somewhere else power. Maybe just add 1 extra fuse.

Ratys

Also be aware of this from mod's description in original post:
QuoteKnown issue: on rare occasions fuses will refuse to work after being installed in the colony for the first time. To fix and/or avoid this, simply restart RimWorld once after installing your very first fuse.

magik20

anyone noticing an FPS hit when using these?

I had about 12 installed and when i was testing / probing ways to kick up the FPS on my laptop, removing these helped a bit (5-10 FPS)

Litcube

BMS

Quote from: magik20 on October 11, 2016, 08:31:01 PM
anyone noticing an FPS hit when using these?

I had about 12 installed and when i was testing / probing ways to kick up the FPS on my laptop, removing these helped a bit (5-10 FPS)

well it is semi understandable - with all the items you can store if you had them spread across the floor would have a similar result.  also turning off the "working" effect on the warehouse seems to help some, there is a button for it but also yes here
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Wacoede

I've been getting an error with Quantum Stockpiles that keeps recurring to the point of dragging my FPS down

Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumWarehouse2235695: System.ArgumentException: SplitOff with count <= 0
Parameter name: count
  at Verse.Thing.SplitOff (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SplitOff (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumRelay.ReceiveThing (Verse.Thing thingToReceive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.SendItemsToRelay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.QuantumWarehouseTick (Int32 tickAmount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

is what i get from the output log over and over the numbers alternate between the one posted and another (I'm guessing it's just an internal identifier) any idea what's causing this?

duduluu

Hello Ratys!
I have translated your 4 mods to Chinese, and I created pull request on GitHub.
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website