[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: DigitalCore on April 24, 2017, 12:22:57 PM
Hey Ratys, just had a question regarding solar flare shields. Do you have any plans to make them function on only networks they're connected to for a lower power draw? Or are they just for blanket protection?

I'm not actively developing the mods at the moment, so no, not really. Regardless, due to how solar flares are implemented in RimWorld it would require either very invasive or very inefficient code to do that, neither of which I'm partial to.

Not going to swear off the idea for good though - once I have to update again (for A17) I'll take another look at that. Maybe.

sdp0et

I have a couple stockpile area for weapons and clothing/armour, each with a few quantum stockpiles and a warehouse. Each quantum stockpile has 7-8 items on it. When I select a pawn and try to issue an order to equip a weapon or wear an article of clothing the context menu has fewer than all of the items. Sometimes it's 0-2 with options to interact (equip/wear). OTher times one or two items (never the same type. One weapon, one clothing, never two weapons) are available for interaction and a few others (still not all) have greyed out hauling options. Nothing is forbidden. The available items have no consistency I can find (not the top, bottom, most recently stored, etc)
If I change the stockpile area settings to no longer allow a certain weapon or type of clothing, I cannot mark them for haul priority or issue manual orders to haul the forbidden items.
I've tried shutting off power to see if the Quantum stockpiles were locking the items, but there's no difference. Only deleting the stockpile area over the quantum stockpile allows interaction with all items in the tile. Is this just something I'll have to live with or have I set up something incorrectly?

I found a similar question in the thread regarding chunks and the reply was to read the research descriptions. For items it does say that each item will be fully accessible.

I do use the More capacity research mod. I'm not sure if that may be a factor.

Canute

QuoteIs this just something I'll have to live with or have I set up something incorrectly?
Badly you need to live with it, that happen now for serveral game version and Ratys never changed/improved at this issue.

You just should create none quantum stockpiles for the stuff and wait until your pawn handle the hauling.

QuoteFor items it does say that each item will be fully accessible.
This just mean, the item's arn't stored it in an internal nonvisible/accesable way. So you can sell all item to a trader and not only the last stack like Nanostorage/deep storage (old nonupdated mods).

faltonico

I bumped into a really weird behavior with RT Solar Flare Shield.
I have one of those in a room classified as outdoors, said room it is really big and unroofed. A solar flare hit and the temperature rose quite high (over 240°C) when the shield began to work. Destroying a wall that led to another big unroofed room made the heat go away.
The real weird thing is that... i enclosed the same shield using god mode in a really tiny room of 3x3 (inside) and with only 5 tiles unroofed and the shield didn't heat at all.
Wasn't it supposed not to heat at all when outdoors? why didn't it heat the 3x3 room?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ratys

26.05.17 CHANGELOG:

• RT Fuse: updated to A17.
  • RT Fuse: fixed the explosion formula (thanks spdskatr).
  • RT Fuse: outsourced incident worker swapping to a def patch; no more faulty first runs.

Rest of the mods are following soon.

calmatt

Hey Ratys love your mods. However it looks like your makeshift fuseboxes are causing large amounts of lag on my game. Can only run fast at 2x speed with fuseboxes, as soon as I put some down the lag starts. Now, I did force your mod in after creating the game, would this be the cause of the issue?

Edit: NVM its my seven turrets. For some reason they're killing my FPS.

Ratys

30.05.17 CHANGELOG:

• RT Solar Flare Shield: updated to A17.
  • RT Solar Flare Shield: reworked main logic - now a Harmony-powered detour instead of fake solar flare shenanigans.
  • RT Fuse: tweaked def patch xpath to be more efficient.
  • RT Power Switch: updated to A17.
  • All mods (except RT Quantum Storage, yet): added a research tab, common across RT Mods; finally credited duduluu with Chinese translations (whoops).

marton

Hey man, fantastic mods!

Have you thought about making quantum relays work across different colonies on different maps? I don't know how feasible this might be, but it'd really make small bases set up just for mining viable.

I know it'd be OP from many angles but it'd certainly complement my playstyle.

Having said that, is there a rough ETA for the A17 version?

Ratys

Quote from: marton on May 30, 2017, 12:31:12 PM
Hey man, fantastic mods!

Have you thought about making quantum relays work across different colonies on different maps? I don't know how feasible this might be, but it'd really make small bases set up just for mining viable.

I know it'd be OP from many angles but it'd certainly complement my playstyle.

Having said that, is there a rough ETA for the A17 version?

I was thinking about something like that, yeah. If I ever get around to it, probably will implement that as a separate addon, one that can function either independently or in tandem with quantum storage.

Hopefully, A17 update will be ready before weekend.

faltonico

If you are open to suggestions, how about a 2x1 tile relay? 2x2 is sometimes to big for the job xd

monada

Hello, i've got some strange problem. I have solar flare shield, and when its solar flare its lagging very bad. Can anyobe help me?
Blocking SolarFlare!
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RT_SolarFlareShield.Patch_PowerNetTick:ConditionIsActive(GameConditionManager, GameConditionDef)
RimWorld.PowerNet:PowerNetTick_Patch0(Object)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:PowerNetsTick()
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Plasmatic

Having started playing A17 from A16 using your storage mod I'm QUICKLY realizing my normal sized storage solutions aren't nearly large enough without your magical devices... :P

Raf's

Ratys

Right, forums are not notifying me again, sorry for delay in communications.

Quote from: monada on June 05, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
Hello, i've got some strange problem. I have solar flare shield, and when its solar flare its lagging very bad. Can anyobe help me?
Blocking SolarFlare!
-snip-

I know of that one, will be fixed in next round of updates.

Quote from: Raf's on June 07, 2017, 06:03:33 PM
Any ETA on the quantum storage mod?

Don't like giving ETAs... Working hard on it though, here are a few teasers:

deposition (takes a while to get going)
retrieval 1
retrieval 2

Was about to record a combined one, with separating walls for effect, but ran into issues. Not quite ready yet it seems.

Raf's

Quote from: Ratys on June 09, 2017, 05:54:41 AM
Right, forums are not notifying me again, sorry for delay in communications.

Quote from: monada on June 05, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
Blocking SolarFlare!
-snip-

I know of that one, will be fixed in next round of updates.

Quote from: Raf's on June 07, 2017, 06:03:33 PM
Any ETA on the quantum storage mod?

Don't like giving ETAs... Working hard on it though, here are a few teasers:

deposition (takes a while to get going)
retrieval 1
retrieval 2

Was about to record a combined one, with separating walls for effect, but ran into issues. Not quite ready yet it seems.
Looks awesome, rely useful when trying to create a defensive line around a toxic ship far away from your stockpile of bricks.