[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: 中村ジロ on November 03, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
Fuses got added to Power Logic recently, can I expect conflicts?

Did some testing, Power Logic fuses seem to be rather wonky, even if used alone (a lot of discrepancy in how networks are disconnected/connected when they trip or are repaired; couldn't find source, decompiled code seems to be more complex than I'd imagine is needed). However, placing PL fuses between batteries and the rest of the network, with one of mine connected to the part without batteries, produces a sensible interaction: PL fuses will trip, "disconnecting" batteries and preventing discharge (and explosion), then my fuse will trip and prevent the fire. I have not tested for mod load order, though.

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 04, 2018, 07:56:36 AM
In name, they did, but the fuses of Power Logic function differently from that of RT Fuses.

Correct. It's worth noting that PL fuses act closer to how fuses would work in real world, rather than being mechanically gamey, like mine (i.e., PL fuses prevent energy loss entirely, which is something I avoided, to allow for more interesting systems by way of synergy with RT Power Switch).

omatkoicorko

are you going to release solar flare shield for steam?

Ratys

Canute

Ratys,
while you are here some words about the Power Switchs.
The evil devs add these 5W discharge to batteries now.
It is much trouble for the switch to enable on when the batteries are below 90% capacity ?

Jiro

Quote from: Ratys on November 04, 2018, 08:47:30 AM
Quote from: 中村ジロ on November 03, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
Fuses got added to Power Logic recently, can I expect conflicts?

Did some testing, Power Logic fuses seem to be rather wonky, even if used alone (a lot of discrepancy in how networks are disconnected/connected when they trip or are repaired; couldn't find source, decompiled code seems to be more complex than I'd imagine is needed). However, placing PL fuses between batteries and the rest of the network, with one of mine connected to the part without batteries, produces a sensible interaction: PL fuses will trip, "disconnecting" batteries and preventing discharge (and explosion), then my fuse will trip and prevent the fire. I have not tested for mod load order, though.

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 04, 2018, 07:56:36 AM
In name, they did, but the fuses of Power Logic function differently from that of RT Fuses.

Correct. It's worth noting that PL fuses act closer to how fuses would work in real world, rather than being mechanically gamey, like mine (i.e., PL fuses prevent energy loss entirely, which is something I avoided, to allow for more interesting systems by way of synergy with RT Power Switch).
Wow, I really appreciate that! Thanks for the insight. But, could you draw a rough diagram of what you meant by the layout using RT Fuse and PL fuses together? I'm not sure I understand it. Thanks again!

soshman

Hey guys, I'm new here. :)
I'd love to translate this mod into Polish. Anyone already doing it or can i try?

Nylux

Sent a Pull Request for the french translation.

RT_Fuse :                   [100%] , awaiting merge.
RT_SolarFlareShield :    [100%] , awaiting merge.
RT_PowerSwitch :        [100%] , awaiting merge.
I do english to french translations. I'm not the best, but if you need something translated hmu.

aemeyer

Love these circuit breakers so much my colonists got married to one.

Senio

account13123

I dunno if I'll use the flare shield, but fuses and battery backup circuits are simple things compared to much of the technology available in the game, and a common sense solution to some common electrical problems. Thanks for adding them in.

Ratys

The day I never expected has come. Time to update.

2020-02-26 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: now compatible with both RimWorld 1.0 and RimWorld 1.1 (and the Royalty DLC).
  • All mods: external translations are no longer rolled into the mods, as I realized some of the submissions are years old and never made it into a release. If you still wish to translate, please create a translation mod.
  • RT Solar Flare Shield: fixed a minor typo, fixed broken heating (it's now realisitic to have a shield indoors; as much as I liked the ludicrous heatspike it was technically wrong), removed one shield per map restriction (multiples don't do anything special, this is maily to make reinstalling a shield in a different place less of a hassle).
  • RT Power Switch: complete overhaul, now how the switch reacts to changes in energy levels is completely configurable.
  • RT Fuse: fixed breakers working even when they haven't been reset (it's ridiculous that this evaded detection for all these years).

Quote from: Canute on November 04, 2018, 02:44:19 PM
Ratys,
while you are here some words about the Power Switchs.
The evil devs add these 5W discharge to batteries now.
It is much trouble for the switch to enable on when the batteries are below 90% capacity ?

I believe the changes I made with this update can cover that. And it only took this long, how about that.

Ratys

It happened again?.. Time to update.

2020-08-13 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: now compatible with RimWorld 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, with or without the Royalty DLC.
  • RT Fuse, RT Solar Flare Shield: now dependant on Harmony mod, instead of redistributing a version of it.
  • RT Solar Flare Shield: fixed the shield not drawing extra power to protect against mechanoid EMI and the like, updated fluff to mention EMI.

mohreb

To answer the :
"Do people still go to forums for mods?"
Yes i personally largely prefer as it is easier to install for an offline (out of steam) version a mod from forum then from workshop of steam.
And i don't let a steam update (where half of my 50 mods update and other half does not) ruin my playthrough (again) ... so steam serves only as a glorified mod hub (with aditional hooks to use then the forum)

harpo99999

I ONLY use forum mods, as I can not access or use boiled water, I prefer  ICE (solid water)