Forbidden Zone

Started by Lechai, November 14, 2013, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lechai

As the title suggests, my request is for a red marked zone that cannot overlap with the home-zone and is classed as impassable terrain for colonists unless drafted. Uses the same overlay as home-zone so you can see both at once.

Possible uses:
1. Prevent wandering colonists from trekking down long, dark, dirty, confined, and abandoned mine shafts and then having a whinge about it...
2. Prevent non-combat troops who aren't drafted from walking into a crossfire! If you don't have a gun, stay away from all the baddies that do you imbecile!
3. Temporarily prevent certain rooms from being used, forbid the door into armoury 2 until 1 is filled up.
4. Pathing, do your colonists always path through that certain rubble pile without really needing to? forbid it and get them to walk around.

I'm sure you smart people could think of more uses as well.

Wopian

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

nomadseifer

Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

maxthebeast11

Could eventually improve colonist ai, but this seems to be a practical fix for the time being.

ShadowDragon8685

I'll voice up for this, too. I've been gnashing my teeth wishing I had something like this.
Raiders must die!

Sacarathe

I also suggested, somewhere the opposite, a zone that if you place a drafted colonist in, they cant leave. Obviously they cannot enter by accident either.

Ozog

Thubin

"If at first you don't succeed; that's a data point."
"No, if at first you don't succeed; you fail, and the test will be terminated."

Evul

DeltaV

I like it.

There should also, in my opinion, be a 'Warning Zone', where colonists will not enter when idle or pathfinding to something elsebut will go in to perform jobs that are queued inside of that area. Dump zones, that kind of thing.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.