So my best game so far was in RNG

Started by Sacarathe, March 08, 2015, 05:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacarathe

I played this a lot autumn 2013, but not at all during 2014.

Over the last 3 weeks I have played numerous games on challenge and rough and had little fun, though I found jungle rather easy (other than the powerful tortoise) and greenhouses in boreal forest so ugly.

I despaired playing the game more because it felt rigged to play on tropical jungle despite being only on 60% or 100% - and headbangingly unnecessary to play on the two northern biomes.

In my most recent game I used a D6 (avg10rolls) to choose the biome, then split the world laterally into 6 for the climate, left rainfall up to me, picked the world size by D8, and used a D3 (roll 6) to choose how many colonists I could randomise (my logic was randomise, as many times as I like, but only for whichever 1/2/3 of the given).

I also RNG'd the starting month into a may/june start.

This game turned out great, I played on cass basebuilder. All hail tinfoil hats and stasis pods over the winter!.

It's amazing how much work doesnt get done in this game but I really think the game should have some kind of voluntary RNG interface on the new colony screen.

Not a compulsory RNG, but a simple D1 to D12 dice roller in the sidebar as we do the new colony set up.

I landed in the temperate forest i think (2 above jungle) with warm summers and cold winters.

Next game I will play on casual.

Sacarathe

Hmm, took a gander into mods for the first time and found one that offered a random start - EdB Scenarios. :/