[Kicktraq] RimWorld KickStarter's pledges trending/projection/daily data...

Started by British, October 03, 2013, 03:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

British

Come back here now and then to get your funding-stats-fix !

The lowdown, short version:

Details:

Experimental stuff:

More on http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld/ (or you can click on any graph).

Zorbane

Remember though the majority of a kickstarter's money comes during the beginning and end of the pledge period.  It's not too surprising that it's starting off strong.

Nonetheless great numbers :D

Semmy

The strong start will be because of all the lurkers and people of the mailing list.

It might drop down or keep growing strong.
But indeed the 1st few and last few days make a kickstarter.
Everything in between has to do with media attention from gaming sites and lets plays on youtube.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Yarkista

Quote from: Semmy on October 03, 2013, 04:03:04 PM
The strong start will be because of all the lurkers and people of the mailing list.

Everything in between has to do with media attention from gaming sites and lets plays on youtube.

Oh definatly, though I think that the game will be funded in 2 days time, then we can get more artists and the likes via the extra money.

Semmy

Quote from: Yarkista on October 03, 2013, 04:07:38 PM
Quote from: Semmy on October 03, 2013, 04:03:04 PM

Oh definatly, though I think that the game will be funded in 2 days time, then we can get more artists and the likes via the extra money.

I really hope tynan can put the funds to good use and maintain a normal living instead of having to programm out of a carton box.

For now i think the idea behind the game is great and the only thing tynan needs and im glad he admits it himself is a gfx artist d-;
Edmund Burke

enystrom8734

I will try to do a lets play if its approved to do so. Maybe that can help :D
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Semmy

Quote from: enystrom8734 on October 03, 2013, 04:15:45 PM

i somewhere read if i remember correct that its depended on the number of viewers you got on your channel etc.

think it was on the kickstarter let me check.

only thing i could find so fast was

Can I make YouTube videos/interview you/try the game for press purposes?

Probably. If you're a journalist or a YouTuber who regularly makes videos, email me about interviews or getting access to the current build.
Edmund Burke

British

Quote from: enystrom8734 on October 03, 2013, 04:15:45 PM
There are already people making videos of RimWorld in russian and... polish ?
Check Reddit for the links (yes, I need to add them all to the wiki as well...).

By the way: off-topic is baaaaaad >:( :-X

enystrom8734

Yea, I just dont want to start without asking permission first considering potential buggy behaviors.

Now to rerail this train...
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

LobsterSundew

In case someone wants to see a bit more RimWorld funding stats, below is a link to a graph about the performance of RimWorld's reward tiers over time.
http://imgur.com/QodovS0

There is consistent daily growth from the $20 to $150 tiers. The reward tiers priced above $500 aren't really doing anything, but it's the main pre-order tiers that are more important and those tiers ($20 and $30) are very strong. RimWorld's backers are heavily concentrated around the lower priced reward tiers in the rewards structure. After the $40 tier there was a quick drop in the number of backers. I normally like to see a medium priced tier have around half the number of the backers than the tier priced directly below it. RimWorld is already over 660% funded so there isn't much point to messing around with the rewards structure now to squeeze a tiny bit more out of existing backers.

The $20, $30 and $40 tiers combined are contributing around 88% of the funds raised. The best performer is the $30 tier with a contribution around 40%. The per backer average is hovering around $29 which is very good for a project in the Video Games category. The $40 tier alone contributes enough to cover the project's minimum goal.

Overall there is not anything particularly unusual with the performance of the reward tiers from what I see. RimWorld is handling the slowdown campaigns often experience in the middle very very well. Its momentum is keeping it highly ranked in popularity among the active Video Game projects. It should get a good last 48 hours surge.
A backer of over 600 crowdfunding campaigns.

Dejix

That is a nice summary LobsterSundew. It looks like you spend a lot of time on Kickstater. Are those tables self generated?

CustodianV131

I estimate with continuing on like this and the "last days" funders it will reach about 180k.

Not too shabby...  8)
Gamers are young at heart and creative thinkers. Shall we play a game?

Tynan

Wow, thanks for the analysis Lobster - and where did you get that table? May I share it?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

For extra fun, I made a comparison table. Interestingly, RW seems to have much steadier income day over day than a lot of projects. I think this reflects the fact that support comes from a lot of small sources, not a handful of big articles. Most of our in-links now are from YouTube.

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

salt1219

After kickstarters cut and the small percentage of failed pledges every project gets, I wonder what the take home will be?
Good news is I think the give a week for failed pledges to be corrected, btw how are you doing on the paypal front?