Project EONS - Read this - Being rewritten.

Started by apljee, March 08, 2015, 09:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apljee

PROJECT EONS

Description:
Project EONS aims to overhaul the gameplay of RimWorld to bring new culture and technological advancements to the game. You begin your trek with no advanced tech and must advance from the very basics of civilization, beginning in the stone age. Progressing through the ages, your citizens will learn how to create fire, forge weapons, create castles and other buildings, research advanced technology, and explore the world. The mod was originally in development by Kolljak, but was eventually shelfed and then furtherly adopted by myself. (apljee)

Future Plans & Completed Things
Stone Age Art = 90%
Stone Age Complete = 95%
Bronze Age Art = 0%
Bronze Age Complete = 0%
Iron Age Art = 0%
Iron Age Complete = 0%
Medieval Era Art = 0%
Medieval Age Complete = 0%
===== Still working on the tech tree. As the tech tree progresses, this will too. =====
Forming XML = 10%
Forming .dll = 5%
Finalization and Rebalancing Complete = 0%

Announcements
March 09, 2015 - The entire majority of the mod will be redone, aside from what I already have done (stone age shizznit). I will be reworking tech tree, getting a hold of myself, not provoking myself to murder
someone with my horrible placeholder textures, and much more - but aside from that, I'm just wondering towards anyone who's reading this topic
- what would you like to see in this mod? Any specific features? Eras? Anything? Keep in mind, I'm reworking most of the things, and there's always room for more! Still looking for programmers, by the way! :~)
March 08, 2015 - The mod is being worked on again! Currently, the team is just me and one unofficial member, and I'm in need of artists,
XML programmers, C# programmers, and eventually I'll need testers (but at this time the mod isn't complete enough) if you are interested in any of the above, PM me, please! :)

Author/Mod Team
Project Leader : apljee (XML Coding, C# student and secondary artist)
Programmer : blaze7763 (XML, C# programmer)
Programmer: Adamiks (XML)
Programmer: JuiceBox (XML)
Artist : Compozitor (Lead Artist, mlg)

Download
Unavailable at this time. Sorry! :)

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Special Thanks to:
- skullywag, for his continuous assistance and resisting the need to punch me in the face being such a good sport

apljee

Do you want to have a Project EONS image in your signature? Who doesn't!? For just three pounds of leftover lasagnia, you can have this stunning Project EONS logo in your signature! Just sign this lease and put it in your signature!

[center][url=https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11311.msg112908#msg112908][img width=300 height=150]http://s12.postimg.org/b7ayyphjx/LOGO3_small.jpg[/img][/url]

apljee

apljee

[[ TIME TO REWORK EVERYTHING! ]]
See the update announcement log for an update announcement thing.

Berengar

I do nearly nothing for the mod, so please take me out of the credits. ;)

apljee

Quote from: Berengar on March 10, 2015, 10:50:46 AM
I do nearly nothing for the mod, so please take me out of the credits. ;)

Done.

slaveofpeon

Well, I like the idea of what you propose, my question is, what was the status of the project before deciding to rework? Is it Like TTM where it revamps the system, or more like EDB's Scenario System?

As for eras, the best would be to do like civilization or age of empires, and do the major ones, Stone, Bronze, Iron, Dark, Industrial, Nuclear, modern, Information/Computer, Cybernetic/Bionic Ages and maybe a soft endgame being called Interstellar, (where you incorporate the already implemented offworld transport system). The basis of each Age sounds pretty self explanitory, and Google always provides decent examples if you are confused upon what a specific age would be.

It would help a bit more to know what your goal(s) for ages are, and what in specific you are looking for insight upon from the General Public.

Well, I am a wonderful Idea guy if you need someone to bounce ideas or thoughts off of. And when the time comes, I would be totally willing to be a Mod Breaker Play Tester for you. both with other mods and straight Vanilla with your mod.

I will definately be checking in on this for status updates on progress, because you my friend, have piqued my interest.
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

apljee

Quote from: slaveofpeon on March 11, 2015, 02:01:13 AM
Well, I like the idea of what you propose, my question is, what was the status of the project before deciding to rework? Is it Like TTM where it revamps the system, or more like EDB's Scenario System?

As for eras, the best would be to do like civilization or age of empires, and do the major ones, Stone, Bronze, Iron, Dark, Industrial, Nuclear, modern, Information/Computer, Cybernetic/Bionic Ages and maybe a soft endgame being called Interstellar, (where you incorporate the already implemented offworld transport system). The basis of each Age sounds pretty self explanitory, and Google always provides decent examples if you are confused upon what a specific age would be.

It would help a bit more to know what your goal(s) for ages are, and what in specific you are looking for insight upon from the General Public.

Well, I am a wonderful Idea guy if you need someone to bounce ideas or thoughts off of. And when the time comes, I would be totally willing to be a Mod Breaker Play Tester for you. both with other mods and straight Vanilla with your mod.

I will definately be checking in on this for status updates on progress, because you my friend, have piqued my interest.

To answer your question:

The status of the project was pretty bad, I was hoping to work off of and continue Kolljak's work but he never gave me it, so I had to redo the entire mod by scratch - I was going to use everything that he'd already had set up - a tech tree, etc. but I decided to make my own.

I'll be deciding on goals once I'm done the tech tree - it's my primary concern right now because it's basically an outline of the project.

Thanks. :)

slaveofpeon

Yeah, about an hour after I made the post, I saw the original Eons. Thought something fishy was going on until I saw the abandonment issues it had. Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you. I hope to see where it heads, when it gets going.
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

Compozitor

Quote from: slaveofpeon on March 12, 2015, 05:27:31 AM
Yeah, about an hour after I made the post, I saw the original Eons. Thought something fishy was going on until I saw the abandonment issues it had. Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you. I hope to see where it heads, when it gets going.

Yeah, there is no much to see right now. We are currently focused on Techtree things, and how it all will progress. And i create sprites for all of this. :)

Hope to show something new here soon. (Not to mention sprites that are in Old topic.)

Xerberus86

apljee

I'm going to start weekly updates! Just so you all know the progress of the mod. The updates will normally be posted midday sunday unless specified otherwise. So, here's your blabber:

Weekly Update #1
March 13th, 2015
Lots of progress on the mod so far! Despite having some difficulties both with this being March Break, and also that we've had to do additional, unexpected texturing, things are progressing smoothly.

New Content!

- Lots of new textures from Compozitor. Bone, Stone, and Wood weapons along with a few production workbenches, majority of clothes (still need other body types) and sources say he's working on
clothwall texture.
- GorillaCZ began work and finished work on the Windmill power (some things will require power early on, although it really won't be actual electricity, just think of it as something else.)
- blaze7736 has been down to work on the tailoring table, adding all of the new clothing and such.
- I have been down to work on adding the new StuffCategories (really, just Bony category), starting an abundance of help topics in the mod section (I probably own 20% of that section by now), lots of work on
the weapons, added the torch building, replaced campfire texture with one from Compozitor, lots of new projectiles, working on a new "Caveman" storyteller that will support large populations (up to
40 people!) but with bigger raid chances, added new "Shaman" trait, gives some research skill points and some other bonuses like work speed and other things.

Weekly Spoilers Image Updates!

That concludes this week's Weekly Update! Thanks for reading! :)

Timeisaperception

I don't know if you've given heavy thought to the Progress/Tech Levels, but an excellent place to look if you need a vague idea is in Traveller and Alternity - both excellent tabletop RPGs. Traveller's is much more spread out and covers a wider array of things (stone knives and bearskins to godlike ascension, pretty much), while Alternity's is much more condensed.

Since I have my Alternity book open right now...

Progress Levels
PL0: Stone Age (Self-explanatory)
PL1: Bronze/Iron Age (Roughly Roman/Greek timeframe)
PL2: Middle Ages (Typical Medieval timeframe)
PL3: Age of Reason (17th-Mid 19th Century)
PL4: Industrial Age (Early to Mid 20th Century)
PL5: Information Age (Mid 20th Century - Now)
PL6: Fusion Age (Closest to current 'end game' Rimworld - features charge weapons and early powered armor, as well as long-haul space travel)
PL7: Gravity Age (Comparable to lower-tech Glitterworlds; directed-energy weapons, "body tanks" that stand up to anti-vehicular weapons, gravity manipulation technology, rudimentary personal force fields, and FTL space travel)
PL8: Energy Age (Comparable to Rimworld's Glitterworlds; as end-game as anything can get)

apljee

Quote from: Timeisaperception on March 15, 2015, 11:57:46 PM
I don't know if you've given heavy thought to the Progress/Tech Levels, but an excellent place to look if you need a vague idea is in Traveller and Alternity - both excellent tabletop RPGs. Traveller's is much more spread out and covers a wider array of things (stone knives and bearskins to godlike ascension, pretty much), while Alternity's is much more condensed. [...]

Thanks for these suggestions! I can assure you some of these will be added in.

We've had a poll up that is closing on the 18th and we will be adding in 3 more eras. Some of your suggestions actually do cover the eras that we plan to add in, haha. Anyways, we will be a little bit more descriptive with the eras rather then a general time, but for the majority of this, a lot of your stuff will be added in.

If you'd like, you could join Ye Olde' Squad 'o' Testers, when we need you. If you'd like to know I'm trying to incorporate some of the techs from Civ 5 because it has plenty of good ideas.

But, yeah! Thanks for your suggestions. Some of them will definitely worked into the mod! :) 

Adamiks

I think we should add the mechanism "this tool for this job" like here - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6666.0.

Also we can add new wood economy to the mod. Currently i working on mod that will add planks etc.

Sorry for posting here but you guys are offline all day.