Question about Creative Rewards And if they can be edited.

Started by Ryusho, March 09, 2015, 04:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryusho

I was looking over my Character since I had a "name in game" section, and I was thinking about it, And I noticed I had made a mistake, and I was wanting to cause a very minor edit to the description to fix the use of his, so I would have 'HIS' instead, that way both stories could technially be applied to any random NPC as well, if it was allowed, Though I also have partially realised that since skills have been added since I had filled it out, there are potential changes I would of made, but It is alright if I can't do any edits, Just had been thinking, since I was not planning a full re-construction, Just some edits that I felt made him fit the changes slightly better, and at the most, would reduce the "Completely useless" factor some seem to think he has for some reason since he can't Cook or mine, *Go figure why people think he is useless o_O;;*

Doctor Pierre

i was thinking the same if i could modify a bit of my character before the game gets released .

The Happy Anarchist

Thought I'd bump this, as I have the exact same question, and have been holding off.

Is it easy to change my character later, as the game mechanics change? How hard is it to put in an edit during Alpha?

Should I just wait until the game is closer to having the complete skillset before submitting?

(BTW, Pirate King from Kickstarter campaign here)

Thanks!

Ivia

Well, since the A13 added the system of the relationship, I finally found my character had first name and last name reversed, I remember I even double checked what's the first name and last name meaning(always so confuse between both), it's not a big deal before, I don't even noticed the problem, but now my character could never having a preset relationships, that made me kinda sad about her, also reversed name is a very weird thing to see, I don't want people tending not to use her because of it ._.

Ryusho

I know I am still wanting to know about an answer to this, as I was wanting to correct his background stories slightly, so that way they could be correct if for some reason one wanted to use a different gender but have the same background for it from how mods work *Shrugs*

Tynan

Don't worry about little formatting mistakes like that; it's really our job to fix. It won't affect anything now because backstories are just used for the one character.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

b0rsuk

I generated a list of backgrounds and kickstarter characters who have typos (trailing whitespace).
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20589.0
Many characters have a typo Traveller> in SpawnCategories, which can mean they don't spawn as travellers.

Ryusho

I know I am still wanting to know about this, because of the fact, A lot of the stuff I set up for my character, including the lack of cooking and the like, were taking into account how the system was when I made him, and at the time, cooking was not even really implemented, or only basically implemented at the time, as well as noticing a few very minor tweaks I wanted to make to the backstory, so it would have the proper nouns if someone edited it or stuck the backstory on a different character so it would work, as well as when he was made, it was impossible to potentially have any traits set via backstory, so It may  be a good idea at some point to let people update their characters, once the systems are at least more settled, so that way people can fix/update the character they made if needed, depending on how the game has changed from when they made it at first.

Ryusho

Still no response I see, alright, well a bit of a bump for this as it has not been answered yes or no yet.

Tynan

Sorry, I thought I had answered this implicitly a few posts ago.

I'm afraid we don't allow repeated edits on characters; the admin burden of re-checking them over and over would be too much. As I said before, we'll happily fix typos and such that come up, and if some sort of rebalancing is needed we'll do that broadly.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog