[A15b] Simple Meat Substitute Mod

Started by Kyos, March 10, 2015, 07:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyos

Quorn
is a extremely simple mod that just adds another cultivated plant type. Enabling colonists to cultivate mycoprotein based crops for use in meals or as a standalone foodstuff. - It is a low yield and slow growing crop. - It has little to no resemblance to actual Quorn. Which is a industrially cultivated mold and trademark of the Exponent Private Equity.

Download the Quorn Mod Here

WintericeUK

Does eating the "quorn" have any different mood effects or is it treated like other meats?

UMK

Quorn is categorized as meat, but your pawns are free to eat it raw as they eat berries or agave. Legendary plumphelmets buscuits time!

hentiger

Preapologize about my linguistic skills. I live in non-english speak world... My word choice and writing skills would be awful

Dave-In-Texas

I love playing with this mod and so i patched up the thingdefs..
(comparing the defs for potato to quorn lol)

I'm not the author, no warranties implied.
I guessed on some attribute values that seemed to change from whole numbers to fractions so YMMV.

Simply extract the contents into quorn/defs/thingdefs/

if the above statement is confusing, wait for the author to patch it :-)

[attachment deleted due to age]

dismar

While working on my mod today, i took the time to update the def files in this. All working and tested in new/saved game. All credit goes to the org. author! love it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvmpoz96acxavfs/Quorn.zip?dl=0

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: dismar on May 17, 2015, 09:00:10 PM
While working on my mod today, i took the time to update the def files in this. All working and tested in new/saved game. All credit goes to the org. author! love it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvmpoz96acxavfs/Quorn.zip?dl=0

Thanks Dismar! That's one of the few mods on my A9 list that never seemed to get updated to A10.

Kyos

Mod has been updated for Alpha 11... Enjoy your meat substitute.

Grynnreaper

Honestly great mod, extremely useful

BranHerz

Have to say I created my forum account just to say that I love this mod

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Kyos on June 15, 2015, 07:25:25 AM

Since by default Quorn is listed as both meat and veggie your colonists will make fine/lavish meals out of 100% quorn, which isn't always most efficient if you have less of it than regular stuff.    I changed my copy to only be a 'meat :)

Kyos

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on June 19, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
Quote from: Kyos on June 15, 2015, 07:25:25 AM

Since by default Quorn is listed as both meat and veggie your colonists will make fine/lavish meals out of 100% quorn, which isn't always most efficient if you have less of it than regular stuff.    I changed my copy to only be a 'meat :)

Huh, I thought I caught that oversight already.

Loki88

Is this supposed to be meatish coloured or hot pink? Right now it looks like my derps are harvesting bubblegum and I just want to make sure its not a problem on my end.

Kyos

Hot pink bubblegum I'm afraid. - Its because the laptop I was stuck using when I first made this mod, has terrible backlighting, so all colors in the photoeditor become slightly muted.

Ratys

Looks like quorn is back on the menu, boys!