"Draw roof" isn't working, I know I must be doing something wrong

Started by nuschler22, March 10, 2015, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

The base is inside a mountain and I've conducted the war on it to find resources, so it's pretty well mazed through.

I have the main part of the base away from all that and I'm trying to heat it, but it shows that the hallways are outside.  Most rooms, such as bedrooms and anything with a door, are inside. 

I launched the draw roof tool, but it's not showing my roofs for some reason.  I've done it in the past for similar circumstances and thought that it worked well, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong now.

Any idea?

Edit: For the mazed area (the area that I mined to find resources, it displays as "unroofed."  For the main part of the base that can't be heated, it displays as "outdoors."

Monkfish

You'll have an open tile somewhere that isn't completing the walls. Screenshot would probably help.
<insert witty signature here>

nuschler22

Quote from: Monkfish on March 10, 2015, 11:08:33 AM
You'll have an open tile somewhere that isn't completing the walls. Screenshot would probably help.

I figured it out (I installed a mechanical wall from a mod that made it "outdoors") but my real question was why the "draw roof" wasn't coming up.  Still haven't figured out why that isn't working. 

Boboid

I don't even know what tool you're referring to. There's a No-roof-region tool and a Remove-no-roof-region tool but those are the only roof related tools I know of.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

skullywag

hes on about the dev tools, the colours it uses are sometimes hard to see i find, but it does work for me at least.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Boboid

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Silvador

Wait until it is raining heavily, pause, then look for where it is raining through in the open hallway. That should tell you what areas are covered and what areas are not.

Darkhymn

I actually did have a bug that resulted in abandoning a colony recently in which my fully enclosed mountain base was reading as unroofed for the sake of temperature readings exclusively. There was no weather in the base, people still had cabin fever in it, there were no sleeping outside moodlets, etc... But the temperature/roof status on the right read unroofed -20f large swaths of the facility, despite it being classified as indoors on the left hand side. The issue very clearly occurred as a result of removing a section of wall to install an A/C during a heatwave.

skullywag

always check for no roof zones, remove any that are too close to the bits you want roofed, ive never had it not be something ive done and ive done some very large funky designed bases.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?