[A13] Can I Brew It? (v1.5.2) If you can eat it, you can brew it

Started by Fluff_Thorrent, March 10, 2015, 12:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff_Thorrent

Quote from: UMK on March 13, 2015, 09:39:39 AM
Quote from: cythedag on March 13, 2015, 08:10:42 AM
I tried this mod, and I love it. But, the pawns will not seek out and find the brewed items by themselves to drink it. I tested this with beer also, they will "auto-consume" beer without a problem. But the other liquors they act completely oblivious to until you order them to drink it. Maybe the need to drink beer is hard-coded?
Of course they are. To dev: can you group all your beverages and beer into separate category? This will allow to differentiate marijuana, coffee and cigarettes from drinks. You should also remove beer from game (make it non-craftable), but make a copy of it with another defName - this will give all beverages same priority. I'm making a mod to set bewerages consumable automatically.
Huh, well I guess because Alpha 9 introduced it there's no generic "seekingPleasureDrug" tag or whatever, just a hard-coded need for Beer.

@UMK: I'll see what I can do, unfortunately I don't have the experience with RimWorld-modding that I'd need to do what you're doing, but if you're thinking of making my items compatible with yours I'll get right on it ;-)

UMK

These drinks are already compatible, the only issue detected at the moment that pawns will travel for drinks for entire map, like in vanilla. But I suppose that this behaviour is not acceptable.

Evul

Fluff_Thorrent

Heyo, "Can I Brew It?" is now updated to Alpha 10f. I'm trying to find space in my schedule to work on the planned features, but my schoolwork is starting to catch up with me so I can't really tell when that will be. I will however be taking time to update it to the latest version of the Alpha as it is released.

Enjoy responsibly!

Fluff_Thorrent

Well, looks like the need for beer is still hardcoded. The rims won't seek out the new alcohol. I'll be mailing Tynan today and ask about the code behind it.

Update: I've been in contact with Tynan and will update the main description with the information.

Reaper

When am I going to have my colonists get really brownfaced again? Alpha 11 I hope?

Loki88

I will try and make a fan fix A11 update for this tomorrow. It's just 2 AM ish here and I need bed... (posting this is a reminder to myself to remember to actually do it...)

Loki88

harpo99999

Fluff_Thorrent

Quote from: Loki88 on June 23, 2015, 12:43:46 PM
A11 Update

Oh hey, thanks for your work! I've been meaning to get around to it, but I just quit school and have been busy trying to get a job. I'll be making a official update soon ;)

Loki88

Quote from: Fluff_Thorrent on July 17, 2015, 11:45:34 AM
A11 Update

Oh hey, thanks for your work! I've been meaning to get around to it, but I just quit school and have been busy trying to get a job. I'll be making a official update soon ;)

No worries, job hunting sucks. The A11 update was really only texture stuff, so easy peasy.

Fluff_Thorrent

Quote from: Loki88 on July 18, 2015, 02:30:37 AM
Quote from: Fluff_Thorrent on July 17, 2015, 11:45:34 AM
A11 Update

No worries, job hunting sucks. The A11 update was really only texture stuff, so easy peasy.
Yeah, just had a look and all it was was to replace the graphicPath-thing. Thought I was on the safe side when I read Tynan's recommendations, but I guess not. Thanks again for covering :)

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Patrykbono20