weird graphical error from mods

Started by silentlord, March 11, 2015, 12:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentlord

hello.

i've been playing rimworld with mods for almost a week now and loving it, totally hooked.
however i updated 2 mods today... clutter and redistheat.

all my power wires have zoomed in a computer image, zoomed outwards and turns into a white blog.

now i load back into my game and i got a glitch which is annoying but not game breaking.
i have added a picture of a printscreen as an attached

anyone know why this is happening?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

When you add/modify mod(order), it's safer to restart game. Exit to window and restart.

silentlord

had a feeling that was the case.... this game was pretty advanced, just finished building a nuclear plant. *sigh*

Latta

Quote from: silentlord on March 11, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
had a feeling that was the case.... this game was pretty advanced, just finished building a nuclear plant. *sigh*
Nonono wait, I didn't mean the colony, I mean, RimWorld itself.

skullywag

Yeah some mods do funky things with graphics. As a matter of process if you ever click the mod button on the main menu and close it. Restart the game. itll stop weirdness like this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

silentlord

in the end i just re-installed the game.

i restarted like Latta said, but instead got new errors. i use the mod prepare carefully. and on the section to choose your starting items... alot of the pictures are missing and ingame the same ones with missing pictures, get weird glitches too.

so started again. a pain. but half the fun is struggling like hell to survive. especially since i also have zombie mod.