[Furniture] Locker/Wardrobe with switch option

Started by Kegereneku, March 11, 2015, 01:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kegereneku

In the Changelog Tynan said :
QuoteColonists now attempt to optimize their own apparel by automatically switching to apparel which has greater health, is higher quality, or is more suited to the season, within the parameters of their assigned outfit.
If the player manually assigns apparel, the colonist will never remove it until the manual assignment is cleared.
Which should address nicely a whole deal of micro-management we got ever since clothes fell prey to entropy.

But I see a non-addressed problem : We are also encouraged to switch clothes for combat.
As of Alpha8 switching all clothes asked for a lot of click to switch every clothes, pause to make sure clothes/armor aren't hauled away... and no control over where the clothes falls (not in a stockpile).

What I would like is a furniture that can contain a clothes set and allow a colonist switch all at once in one single pause without littering the floor with hauling task for others if I dare not draft everyone immediately.

How I suggest it : A [1x2] furniture to fit in a bedroom
- To fill the locker/wardrobe :
A "deposit hat/shirt/pant" order (excluding what can't be worn simultaneously)
Alternatively : using a "hauling order" originating from the locker with the locker for destination.
- To use it (including during pause) :
A "wear hat/shirt/pant" order, what the colonist was wearing will be exchanged with what was inside
- To empty it :
An "empty order" equivalent to "strip".
The way I imagine it you could nearly consider this locker a person as in look at what it contain the same way.

Of course to balance how useful this locker would be, it would require 1years of research, 1000 plasteel 500 gold & silver an AI-core, and a build time of 5000.

Ps : I also suggest the equipment rack to work on this principle.

Question : WHO ELSE want something of the like ?
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Regret

SSS

I think one-click outfit change orders would be best. I'm imagining a bill interface where you add whatever piece of clothing you want and specify the material in the settings. When you right-click the wardrobe, you would get two or three options. "Add Clothing" or "Remove Clothing" would be there if a bill was open, and "Change Outfit" would be present all of the time. Changing your outfit would automatically insert the colonist's previous outfit into the wardrobe. If the wardrobe was empty, then bam, nude colonist.

It wouldn't work well for mass storage on its own, but it would allow for changing outfits quicker.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Kegereneku

Exactly, but not necessarily owned by an individual. Application may vary.

Myself I would only link such closet to colonist if it is in their/a bedroom.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

mrofa

It dont need to be linked to invidual, i just did that so the name will show under the locker, same thing that is showed on bed "Unowned" or colonist name.

Thers also Seasonal Wardrobe Mod that is actually done by a proper cooder and is vanilia like :D

I doubt that tynan will add something like this any time soon since he have alot things to work on.
All i do is clutter all around.