Project EONS: Which Eras would you like to see the best?

Started by apljee, March 11, 2015, 06:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Eras would you like to see the best?

World War Era
9 (31%)
Roman Era
10 (34.5%)
Egyptian Era
8 (27.6%)
Viking Era
8 (27.6%)
Sengoku Era
9 (31%)
Ancient Greece Era
10 (34.5%)
Cold War Era
6 (20.7%)
Napoleonic Era
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: March 18, 2015, 06:46:46 PM

apljee

For a brief explanation of both what Project EONS and each era is:

Project EONS is a mod that will allow you and your colonists to travel through the ages by researching various things that can further your people's technologies and benefit them.

World War Era:
The period of time where Germany and it's allied states fought against USA, UK, and a few other allied states for the quest of world dominance. There were two world wars - from 1914 to 1918 marked the first world war, and from 1939 to 1945 marked the second world war.

Roman Era:
The period of time where the Roman Empire was the most prominent and dominant kingdom in the land, making technologial and militaristic advances until it's slow but unfortunate demise.

Egyptian Era:
The period of time where the Egyptian Kingdom was one of the most powerful civilizations in time, with pharaohs, and many other interesting things.

Viking Era:
The period of time where both the Viking Raiders from Scandinavia invaded the shores of many Western-European settlements and colonized North-America. It can also be considered the time where Scandinavia was at war with one another.

Sengoku Era:
The period of time where Japan was considered a warring state, with civil conflict and lots of conflict in general.

Ancient Greece Era:
Basically the same as Roman Era, but Greek.

Cold War Era:
The period of time where the Soviet Union (USSR) declared war on the United States of America. It was called the cold war because there were no major battles that occured during that period of time.

Napoleonic Era:
The period of time where Napoleon Bonaparte conquested many parts of central europe, making miltaristic advances as he did so.

apljee

apljee

I've decided that 3 eras will move on and be added to the finished mod (or atleast one will be added to the finished version.)

Currently in the lead:
1. World Wars Era
2. Viking Era
3. Ancient Greece Era

apljee

Wow! Another update, in three days the statistics have completely changed!
1. Ancient Greece Era
2. Roman Era
3. Viking Era

World Wars and Sengoku are in a close tie behind the others! Can we get some more votes? :)

apljee

In one night, it's gone from a two-way tie to a five-way tie! If there is so many ties after this, I will make another poll thread and 3 will be picked from there.

RoboticManiac

I vote for good ol' Napoleon. I would have preferred an era closer to Victorian/Industrial revolution though.

apljee

One day left, and it's a three-way tie! Personally, I'd like World-Wars but this is coming from the community, not from the developers. (Although I can't promise some world-war esque stuff won't be added. ;))

apljee

So it's a two-way tie, eh? I guess I'll just add all four.

THE VOTES ARE IN!
The new eras/ages/times/whatever's being added to Project EONS are...

1. World War Era
2. Roman Era
3. Sengoku Era
4. Roman Era

A personal favourite was Egyptian Era. Some of these might get added into the mod in the future, but these ones are higher prority than the other ones on this list.

daft73

Oh's well, I chose Egyptian, Roman, Ancient Greece. You could possibly call me a history nerd.

apljee

Quote from: daft73 on March 18, 2015, 04:00:40 PM
Oh's well, I chose Egyptian, Roman, Ancient Greece. You could possibly call me a history nerd.

I chose Sengoku, World Wars, and Roman, - I'm as much as a history nerd as you are, except I just thought it'd be a little bit more interesting to see these eras in the game. :P

daft73

Quote from: apljee on March 18, 2015, 04:25:32 PM

I chose Sengoku, World Wars, and Roman, - I'm as much as a history nerd as you are, except I just thought it'd be a little bit more interesting to see these eras in the game. :P
Yes I suppose, depending on what you are actually going to add to the mod. I think aesthetically any of the eras would be fine, deciding what to add is the harder part. Is it going to be similar to a Civilization type tech tree, or like the vanilla RW, with a glob of techs and no particular order? As far as advancing in eras, how will that work?

apljee

Quote from: daft73 on March 18, 2015, 05:24:51 PM
Quote from: apljee on March 18, 2015, 04:25:32 PM

Yes I suppose, depending on what you are actually going to add to the mod. I think aesthetically any of the eras would be fine, deciding what to add is the harder part. Is it going to be similar to a Civilization type tech tree, or like the vanilla RW, with a glob of techs and no particular order? As far as advancing in eras, how will that work?
Sorry for such a late reply!

We've had two ideas for era progression, but the first one seems more ideal and doable.

1st one... would be having a research prerequisite for every final research in X age, and when all of them are done you can research the first thing in Y age.

2nd one... would be like the above, but also with a boss (big raid, mech, etc).

Also, it is like civ's tech trees, you need the leading prerequisite to research the next tech.

daft73

Very good, and thanks for the response. Don't fret on late response ;)