[REQUEST]Colonists interested in art

Started by Giraffe, March 12, 2015, 02:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giraffe

I noticed that when colonists are stressed, they tend to drink beer which increases mood, I'd like to see a mod that makes observing art a task sort of like that, when placed down colonists could go and "observe" (stand next to) the art, and being near it allows for a few moments of mood increase without having to manually move them towards statues.

KoalaB

That would somewhat nullify the role of the whole beer industry, especially that you only have to produce a statue once . But I think it would be niece for some colonists to have a trait that makes them enjoy art (maybe an additional mood buff apart from beauty itself).

apljee

Maybe this could be balanced with statue deterioration? As in the longer the statue is there, it begins to slowly break apart. Each teir of statue (grand, large, small) would be more reinforced and would provide more beauty.

Mathenaut

Could just make it a trait to increase the mood bonus from art. They have it for a number of other things already.

Giraffe

Or, to balance it colonists could get the full bonus when viewing it the first time(8, which is less than Inebriated (Warm) I believe), then after that the art is sort of seen-it-before-meh for them which lowers the mood bonus (to 5).

Mechanoid Hivemind

There is people who dont like to drink when they get stressed so it might be another trait like art gazer or something because me as a person i do enjoy looking and making art when i am stressed i just cant drink to relive some stress it doesnt feel right to me so yes +1 for this idea my friend
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.