[Mod Request] preset Graves and more Graves also Urnes

Started by Daemoneyes, March 12, 2015, 04:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemoneyes

Ahoi

Something that always bugs me is that you need to define the settings of graves all the time but in 99% of the time,
you already know what sort of guys you want to bury in them.
So if someone could create a mod that makes 2 different Graves in the build tab,
one with Colonist only preset and one with non-Colonist preset i would be a happy gamer.

And it bugs me a bit that there are so few options for graves.
Would love to see Mass grave (we all know there are way to much tribes people for single graves), graves with gravestones / and stone boarder.

Urne production (metal/stone/wood/leather) and filling via cremation station.

Monkeysaur

I like this idea. I prefer to bury raiders out in the wilderness, but I like to bury my colonists close by. It would also be nice if your colonist graves included nice(r) head stone, and perhaps are even visited by your other colonists each year on the anniversary of the death, to lay some flowers.

It would also be great to actually construct tomb for a very important colonist, and if I was going to make a gold tomb for my colonist I don't really want to bury them in the ground, I'd like to have a floor, and lay them to rest in a specially crafted gold sarcophagus. The place could then be a place of worship for future colonists. I might even build it somewhere away from my base so it is peaceful/secluded, and have my colonists carry out a pilgrimage across the map once a year to pay their respects.

ItchyFlea

I was looking for something to do. I'll give creating this a go.
The graves should be easy. The urns, I dunno. I might not be able to have them display the name of the person contained within.

EDIT: The corpses appear on top of the new graves instead of turning invisible....
EDIT2: Even making the graves appear on top of the corpse doesn't help, as you can still see the corpse peaking out the sides, and it just looks terrible. Until Tynan changes the way graves work so that new graves can be added to the game I won't be able to make this mod.

Perhaps someone who is better at coding could do it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Leeman

As ItchyFlea said someone else should do it and he can't do it currently I took the freedom and did it

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11501.0

Currently working on the MassGrave, Urne and some custom Textures. However thought I'd still release it so you can at least use the Colonist / Stranger Grave functionality

Daemoneyes

Quote from: ItchyFlea on March 14, 2015, 06:03:16 PM
I was looking for something to do. I'll give creating this a go.
The graves should be easy. The urns, I dunno. I might not be able to have them display the name of the person contained within.

EDIT: The corpses appear on top of the new graves instead of turning invisible....
EDIT2: Even making the graves appear on top of the corpse doesn't help, as you can still see the corpse peaking out the sides, and it just looks terrible. Until Tynan changes the way graves work so that new graves can be added to the game I won't be able to make this mod.

Perhaps someone who is better at coding could do it.

Thanks for the try!
btw i love and use your other mods always, great work!

Daemoneyes

Quote from: Leeman on March 16, 2015, 09:49:48 AM
As ItchyFlea said someone else should do it and he can't do it currently I took the freedom and did it

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11501.0

Currently working on the MassGrave, Urne and some custom Textures. However thought I'd still release it so you can at least use the Colonist / Stranger Grave functionality

Awesome, thanks a lot!