[Mods Request] Warhammer 40k

Started by Addeptis, March 13, 2015, 12:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addeptis

Large 40k fanatic here, I keep seeing all these great mods but no total conversions mods for warhammer 40k, and the 40k nerd in me just couldn't help but come on here ask for one! Here some of my ideas for this conversion.

Adeptus Mechanicus recolonization(maybe a new storyteller could work here)-The planet for many years was uninhabited after some planet shaking event ripped away all "advance" humans from it. Maybe chaos worshipers took it over and a large war was fought wiping out the planets tech priests and Manufactorums. Maybe dark Eldar striped the plant of majority human centaurs, forcing humanity devolve to a tribe society with so little humans left. In any case humans for the most part where wiped out to the point where the Imperium lost control and had the Mechanicus organization a recolonization effort. What this means is,
-You Start out with 5 colonist instead of 3, you get to design your colonist form the start for how you want to setup your colony, maybe you want this to be a agri-world, or maybe a feudal-world, or a imperial world with modern equipment and civilized, the choice is yours and with the colonist setup you will be able to get a start on how ever you want your world to go! That and 40k being as brutal as it is, your going to need the extra firepower/help early game.
-40k weapons! There literately are just to many to name here.
-New friendly Factions,Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard, and maybe we could get a rare space marine faction to be added, or the dreaded Inquisition.
-New Hostile Factions, I could write a list here that's so long its not funny, but to name a few, Tau,Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Orks, Chaos, Traitor Astartes, etc.
-Plenty of new tech to research such as, stubbers/las-weaponry,armors,medical,bionics,etc.
-So much more!

Feel free to ask any questions about anything with this i'll try my best to explain what ever it maybe.

++The Emperor Protects++

blaze7736

I am also a huge fan of the War hammer 40k lore and would love to see this mod i would love to make it for you as well but i would need someone to make the Armour textures (my major let down when it comes to modding), though imagine a giant Imperial Titian Fighting off an army or Eldar +1 this idea.
Edit i might start off making the wepons

iknowdude00

i am totally onboard with this idea, i too love warhammer 40k, but although im not a modder, it seems like a lot of work for whomever would be making it so GL
and if i suddenly learn how to code then i will def help :D
and maybe you could choose one of a few research options to choose a side as to what faction you wish to join, such as the imperium or chaos ETC
(so like a skill tree?)

(also my first reply on ludeon.com XD)

TrashMan

I made 40K weapons and armors, and some other guys did too.

There is a mod based on it with drop-podding space marines.
Another one puts in imperial guardsmen and orcs.

Project Armory is going to have lots of 40K stuff in it

Vonholtz

Quote from: TrashMan on March 20, 2015, 06:07:42 AM
I made 40K weapons and armors, and some other guys did too.

There is a mod based on it with drop-podding space marines.
Another one puts in imperial guardsmen and orcs.

Project Armory is going to have lots of 40K stuff in it
Yep you are right. But the Marine drop pod mod was alpha 8 and I talked to the modder and she has no plans to make it alpha 9. In other words I think she drop it as one of her many mods do to a lack of time to work on it do to real life.

The Project Armory is still not up to date for Alpha 9 yet ether. but they say it will be soon(alpha 9 gave them a lot of work to do).

The imperial guard mod just a week back got a miner update to 9. But he points out that it not 100% yet in his last post. I am using it anyway and the orc attacks can get nasty early on. I will put a link here give it a try but be ready to have some big orc raids before you can be fully ready.  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8228.0

Oh the only reason I have had much luck holding off a lot of the orc attacks is I am running 3 other turret mods. It give me a level of over kill I need to deal with hard to kill numbers of orc's. The mod it self also come with a number of WH 40K style turrets as well.