Help! Having Meat "dry" on custom table in c#

Started by KnucklyDuck, March 13, 2015, 12:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnucklyDuck

Honestly I've scrapped all my code for this several times, and this is just the process of having the meat dry on said table.

Now I don't know exactly how I want to do this. I'm thinking of creating a Drying Rack that acts as a storage shelf for meat except the meat dries (depending on surrounding temperature, at different rates). How would I handle this? I would like for the table to be able to support 2-3 piles of meat (as in have them 2x1 or 3x1. SO yeah any help?

Regards,
     Knuckly
Why do Java programmers have glasses?
Because they can't C#.

Haplo

You could do this with a storage field over the cells of your table. Set this field to only accept your fresh meat and set it to critical. Then let your building scan every x ticks (rare should be enough) if there is a new flesh pile there. Store the found time (gameticks). If the game time is higher than found time + worktime*temp multiplier spawn the same amount of smoked meat at its place and destroy the raw meat and reset the found time to -1 (invalid, no fresh meat in cell)
As the smoked meat isn't part of your acceptance list of the storage, it will automatically hauled away and a new one will be brought.
Voila a working smoker :)

UMK

Quotefound time + worktime*temp multiplier
How it will work if implemented that way: store meat refrigerated on rack for some time and then raise temperature up. Insta-jerky.

KnucklyDuck

Quote from: Haplo on March 13, 2015, 01:42:27 AM
You could do this with a storage field over the cells of your table. Set this field to only accept your fresh meat and set it to critical. Then let your building scan every x ticks (rare should be enough) if there is a new flesh pile there. Store the found time (gameticks). If the game time is higher than found time + worktime*temp multiplier spawn the same amount of smoked meat at its place and destroy the raw meat and reset the found time to -1 (invalid, no fresh meat in cell)
As the smoked meat isn't part of your acceptance list of the storage, it will automatically hauled away and a new one will be brought.
Voila a working smoker :)

That certainly shines a light on it all!!

Quote from: UMK on March 13, 2015, 10:49:18 PM
Quotefound time + worktime*temp multiplier
How it will work if implemented that way: store meat refrigerated on rack for some time and then raise temperature up. Insta-jerky.

However this is what I was thinking.
Why do Java programmers have glasses?
Because they can't C#.

Haplo

It should be simple to add some minimum time needs to prevent the insta cheatings :)